Saturday 9: Sweet City Woman (1971)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The lyrics tell us the singer is on his way to catch a train and he really wants to be on time. When is the last time you were late for something? I usually run pretty early, so I cannot remember.
2) He sings he's on his way to meet a woman known for her macaroons. What's your favorite cookie? Snicker doodles and Chocolate Chip.
3) His girlfriend's face is so pretty she lights up the city night. How many lights are in the room you're in? How many are switched on? two lights, one is on.
4) This is the rare top 40 tune that prominently features a banjo. Sam has always been crazy about the sound of a banjo. What sound makes you smile? (It doesn't have to be a musical instrument. Think bacon sizzling, church bells, etc.) Kids laughing
5) 47 years after their record was a hit, The Stampeders still tour every summer, playing festivals across the US and their native Canada. Do you enjoy live music under the stars? Or would you prefer to be seated in a theater? I enjoy both.
6) In 1971, when this song was popular on the radio, detective shows were popular on TV. Mannix, Ironside and Cannon were all in the Top 20. Who is your favorite TV detective? I enjoy detectives from the movies, but not sure about tv...I will say Monk.
7) Also in 1971, the Post Office Department was disbanded as a Cabinet department and became The United States Postal Service. When did you last go to the post office? Were you mailing something? Buying stamps? Picking up a package? Renewing your passport? My husband just went down there to mail a letter today. Our post office is closed during the hours I am home, so it has been since summer for me. I was either mailing an item or picking up a package.
8) Race car legend Jeff Gordon was born in 1971. Do you watch NASCAR? I used to go to Nascar races, then I got bored with them. No, I do not watch anymore. Fun Fact...my son shares a birthday with Jeff Gordon...August 4th...different years.
9) Random question -- Do you have a vaccination scar? If so, where is it? I have one on my upper left arm.