Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Farewell: Mandy Lu Ray- May 4, 2007- November 2, 2019

I apologize for not being around yesterday for the meme, but we lost our beloved corgi Mandy.  Shortly after my dad passed away in 2017 (a week) my dog Mandy started showing signs of degenerative myelopathy, which is a progressive disease of the spinal cord. I was just sick. How could God take my dad and my dog at the same time. Well, as it turns out, Mandy was with us over 2 years more after my dad passed. She had lost the ability to use her back legs and was losing strength in her front legs. We celebrated everything with her as if it were our last time. Karl took Mandy to the vet yesterday (Saturday). We thought she had another urinary tract infection which is common with DM. They did an x-ray and she had a mass the size of a softball that was pushing her intestines to one side and laying on her bladder. It was time. We helped Mandy cross over to the rainbow bridge. We were all with her (myself, Karl and Josh). She laid her head in Josh's lap and fell asleep. She felt safe and at peace. She is no longer in pain and she is running again. She was the best dog a person could ask for and we miss her already. If you think of us during your prayers, we would appreciate a little prayer of peace and comfort at this time. This is a hard loss for us. Mandy Lu Ray- May 4, 2007- November 2, 2019. You are forever in our hearts.  The picture below is one of the last ones I took of her.  It was taken in the summer 2019.  The first one above was taken on her 6th birthday when she was very healthy.

9 comments:

  1. Lori, I'm so, so sorry. There are no words to describe the exquisite pain... I know, too well. Don't let go of your happy memories, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry and sad for you and your family. Losing a pet hurts so much because they are a member of the family and always take a piece of your heart with them. I am sure she had a wonderful life and she probably knew it was her time. What a blessing that you could all be with her for her passing. Yes, she is pain free and running again and you will see her again one day. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss, Lori. It is always hard to lose a beloved and loyal friend. I grieved the loss of Jasper and Avery for months. I still feel cry from time to time, but it eventually became easier to think about them without crying. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Lori and Family:
    I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.
    I have been there myself and have the memories of my dog (Lappy). She will forever be in my heart and Mandy will be in yours.
    Prayers and Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry....sending you lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps...long story short...my blog addy has changed...so sorry...https://thatsmesimplylinda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. It hurts so much to lose a dear friend and family member and pets are just that. Prayers for Gods comfort in your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. But your family gave her a good life. Please take a moment to take comfort in that. I volunteered in an animal shelter, and it was always full of dogs and cats that had been cast aside. Your girl *knew* she was loved!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.