Pages

Friday, November 1, 2019

Saturday 9- The Addams Family

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


The Addams Family (1964)
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

 
1) One of TV's spookiest families was inspired by a series of New Yorker cartoons. What's the last magazine you flipped through?  I can't even remember.

2) The Addams' butler, Lurch, was originally conceived as a mute. But then actor Ted Cassidy ad libbed the line, "You rang?" and Lurch had a voice, and a catchphrase. Can you think of another catchphrase connected to a TV character? Joey from FRIENDS-  How you doin'?


3) Now here's the most important question of the week: Do you prefer The Addams Family or The Munsters? I think I watched The Munsters more. 

4) What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? IT

5) Thursday was Halloween.
What goodies did you give the trick or treaters? candy bars

6) Are you attending/have you attended any Halloween parties this year?  just at the preschool...that is enough for me.

7) Did you carve a jack o'lantern this year? no

8) Do you eat candy corn all year around ... only at Halloween ... or never?  year round, but not a lot, just when I have a craving.


9) In 1964, when The Addams Family premiered, one of the most popular store-bought Halloween costumes was Bambi. It came with a plastic mask held on by a thin elastic band. Tell us about a memorable Halloween costume from your childhood.  My mom made me a clown costume one year, it was pretty cute.  I think I liked the make-up I got to wear more than anything.

8 comments:

  1. I hear you about IT. Clowns scare the stuffing out of me! Though I'm sure you were an adorable one for Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about the Halloween party at the home, so I guess I did go to one after all.
    I always liked when I got to wear makeup rather than a mask, too. I don't know why, though, such a mess to get off. lol
    Have a lovely Saturday, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of houses up the street the teenagers had a Halloween party, it sounded like they were having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot get into Halloween these days,, to much evil going on in dark places, but we did have a good time back in the day didnt we. Moms are so great to create fun costuems for the kids... That is what made it special for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to see It. The book scared me to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun questions! I've never seen IT. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even think of Joey. What a great character on a fabulous show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clown costumes can be scary in and of themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.