Pages

Friday, November 15, 2019

Saturday 9- Judy at Carnegie Hall (1961)

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

Judy at Carnegie Hall (1961)

We're spotlighting this legendary concert because  Bev from Sunday Stealing loves Judy Garland. This week's Saturday 9 is a "thank you," one meme-mistress to another, in gratitude for Bev's willingness to pick up Bud's meme and keep it going.



Song #1: "When You're Smiling." What made you smile this week?  We got some snow and I LOVE snow.  We also had a snow day, which made me very happy.

Song #2: "Almost Like Being in Love." We've all had many crushes, but love is rare. How many times have you fallen in love? I think only once.

Song #3: "This Can't Be Love." This Rodgers and Hart song was introduced in the play, The Boys from Syracuse. Syracuse is the county seat of Onondaga County, NY. What county do you hail from?  Stone County, Missouri

Song #4: "Do It Again." What's something you'd do again, if only you had the time or money? (A book you'd like to reread, a recipe or pattern you'd like to make again, a vacation destination you'd like to revisit, etc.)  I would love to go back to Orange Beach, Al, but this time with my husband instead of his sisters.

Song #5: "You Go to My Head." Judy forgets the lyrics, but gamely keeps going. Tell us about a recent moment when you chose to keep going, no matter what.  When we had to put Mandy down I felt like crawling in bed and hiding, but I took the weekend to cry and went right back to work.  It was good for me to be with the kids and wouldn't you know it one of the students lost her cat the same weekend.  We were able to talk about it together.

Song #6: "Alone Together." Is anyone there with you as you answer these questions, or are you alone?  Karl and Josh are both here as well as Meisha and Molly (our dogs).  I had a former student drop by earlier too (Haylie)!


Song #7: "Who Cares?" This song was written by brothers George and Ira Gershwin. They had a lesser known brother, stockbroker Arthur. Are you more creative and artistic, like George and Ira? Or more analytical and methodical, like Arthur?  I would say I am creative and artistic

Song #8: "Puttin' on the Ritz." Judy sings that The Ritz is the place in New York "where fashion sits." If we wanted to see everyone "all gussied up" in your town, where would we go?  Well, I am going to say to the theatre (Juanita K. Hammons theater for the performing arts.  We just got tickets for Les Miserables and we are taking my mom.  It will be her first musical which is crazy to me, but my dad did not like getting out to do stuff like that.  He worked all of the time.  We used to have season tickets to the theatre.  I do not get dressed up for much, but I do for that.

Song #9: "How Long Has This Been Going On?" Judy sings about discovering how glorious romance can be. Have you made any new discoveries lately? It doesn't have to be as groundbreaking as Judy's. A new podcast or a faster route to work counts, too.  I can't think of anything right now.

10 comments:

  1. #5 -- I like you for this. Mandy shared your life and you gave her the respect, dignity and love that goes with that. Hope your heartache passes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to talk to someone else that understands what you are going through even in a bad situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Gobble to You Wobble' thanks, your background made me smile. I enjoyed your answers, have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first snow of the season here was last weekend on the Cape and it snowed like crazy for about a minute or two and then the sun came out. It was just a passing snow squall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might be the only one who loves the snow. I like looking out at it, but there ends my love. lol I do like a white Christmas, but once that's over I don't need snow in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Early snowfalls and late snowfalls annoy me, but I like Christmas snowfalls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to never see snow in person, ever again... but I am old and over it!! How sweet that you could share with your student who also lost a dear pet. Hugs to you both. It is not easy. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about losing your pet but I know your loss helped this child deal with her own loss. No snow for us in the south, but we have had record breaking freezing temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so sweet that you were able to talk with one of the students to ease both of your painful hearts.
    Hope you get to go back to Orange Beach with just your Hubby. It's so nice to get away together sometimes. Have a happy week. Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new blog dressing! Very festive!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.