Pages

Monday, December 23, 2019

Reading over Christmas Break

I am so excited to be on Christmas Break, because that means I can read books again!  I am currently reading Necessary Lies.  It is historical fiction. It is set in North Carolina in 1960 and it is about how Eugenics or sterilization affected so many people there and the story is about a family is happened to.  It is such a good book and I have heard the other book I have checked out is very good as well.
I made some blueberry muffins this morning, just because we are all home and I am thinking I will make the dogs some homemade dog treats.  I have not done that in a while.
I got a new laptop and it is touch screen!  I love it.  I thought my other computer was doing fine, but my word, it is so slow compared to this one.  I am enjoying that.
Here is a picture of my books.  Let me know if you have read them!



5 comments:

  1. Same here, I am getting caught up on fun reading and not just textbooks...or as my husband said, "Your nose is always in a book."

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Necessary Lies but I did read The Woman In the Window and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of the book. I hope you enjoy your reading and your time off. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new laptop! Bet you are excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori, a belated Merry Christmas. I have never heard of that book. Thanks for the card. I remember when so many of us blogging country gals would exchange cards. Enjoy your new computer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.