Pages

Friday, December 6, 2019

Saturday 9- The Champion

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/



Saturday 9: The Champion (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about doing what it takes to win. What's the most recent competition you won? (Yes, online solitaire counts.)  I do not remember.  I won $1000 on the radio one time though for recognizing a song and being a certain number caller.

2) The lyrics tell us to "go ahead and put your bets on me." Do you often play games of chance -- like the office football pool, or slot machines, or the lottery?  nope

3) The video includes footage of young people competing in The Special Olympics. What's your favorite sport to watch? Is it the same sport you most enjoying playing?  I do not really play sports, but I love to watch baseball and football.

4) This week's featured artist, Carrie Underwood, first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. How old were you when you took your first flight?  I have never been on an airplane.  I am not afraid to, we do not travel much and when we do we usually drive.

5) Carrie loves horror and her favorite author is Stephen King. What book are you currently reading?  I am not reading anything right now.

6) Carrie's duet partner on "The Champion" is rapper Ludacris. In addition to making music, he acts and has appeared in one Sam's favorite shows, Law & Order: SVU. What's your favorite "cop show?"  24..hee, hee.  I do not really watch a cop show right now. I used to watch The Rookie, but we do not watch anymore..  How about Magnum P.I.?  Does he count?  I watch that.

7) Ludacris is a distant cousin of comedian Richard Pryor. Have you studied your family's genealogy?  some

8) Soccer was a big deal in 2018, the year this song was released. According to Google, "FIFA World Cup" was the news story that generated the most internet searches. What's the last thing you "googled?"  I have been hunting for mittens, I have been googling a lot of stores lately looking for mittens.  We are doing a mitten exchange at work.

9) Random question: You're battling the flu. The doctor advises you to stay in bed a full five days. As you begin feeling better (around Day 3), do you continue to follow doctor's orders? Or do you get up and start moving before you're supposed to?  I am probably up for a while, but I still probably try to go back to bed.  I try to do what I am told.


5 comments:

  1. Fun questions again this week! I enjoyed your answers, Lori! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! I've never known anyone who managed to be the right number caller to a radio contest. We used to try all the time as teens, but never, ever got through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, REALLY don't like flying. It's my least favorite form of travel. So I'm kinda jealous of you. Your vacations start out with less stress than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only cops shows that I watch are Masterpiece Theater shows, like "Death in Paradise" it seems like BBC shows are less gory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Magnum PI counts. Congrats on your win - I've never won anything like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.