Pages

Friday, December 10, 2021

Saturday 9: Drivers License

 



Drivers License

Saturday 9: Drivers License (2021)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a girl who just got her drivers license. Who taught you to drive?  My dad.

2) Do you like your drivers license/state ID photo?  It is ok, I have always had pictures that were decent.  I have seen crazy ones though for other people.

3) Think back to the first ticket you received. How old were you, and what was it for?  I was probably around 23 or so and I was driving too fast in a school zone.  It was when I lived in Kansas City and I quickly found out their police stop everyone there (Overland Park, KS).

4) In this week's song, Olivia Rodrigo is brokenhearted, driving through her boyfriend's neighborhood, certain that he has taken up with the sophisticated blonde girl. When it comes to romance, do you have a jealous streak?  I did when I was young, but I do not now.

5) Olivia grew up in Temecula, California. Temecula is home to 40 wineries and dozens of tasting rooms. Have you ever attended a wine tasting?  no

6) Her first on-screen appearance was in a commercial for Old Navy stores. Old Navy is owned by the same company as Banana Republic, Gap and Athletica. Have you done any of your holiday shopping at one of those stores? (Yes, their websites count.)  no, not any of those stores.  I got some things for Josh from Hollister though.

7) She went on to star in projects for Disney studios. That's also how pop stars Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, and Christina Aguilera got started. Arguably the first teen star created by Disney studios was Annette Funicello. Do you remember her?  a little, it seems like I have seen pictures or something.

8) "Drivers License" was one of this year's most popular songs. One of this year's most popular books is John Grisham's The Judge's List. Do you expect to do much reading between now and the end of the year? If so, what's on your TBR (to be read) list?  I have a few on hold that should be ready by next Friday.  The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowly Heller, Final Girls by Riley Sager, and Every Last Fear by Alex Finlay.  Daisy Jones and the Six might be ready before I have to return to school also.

9) Random Question: What is the longest line you ever stood in, and was it worth it?  I think it was the DMV during the 2020 Covid summer.  I was there a long time and it was after the shut down and everyone was trying to get their items taken care of.  I was renewing my driver's license, so yes, it was worth it.  I was able to wait in my car.  They didn't want anyone around each other.



9 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I see you have another cute siggy! I bet you can hardly wait to go on Christmas break! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're always reading! That's one good thing to come from the pandemic: I rediscovered my library. The Hoopla app is really good with recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a great list of books to read over your Christmas break. I used to read so much. No good excuse why I don't these days...I just waste too much of my free time on the computer. Sigh. It's a habit I really need to break. I had to go to the DMV last year, too, but everyone waited inside. We just wore masks. I would like waiting in the car better even without covid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Christmas rom-coms until the end of the year. I need a break from the more serious stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Connecticut at AAA you can renew your driver license and usually there is zero wait time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Mexico privatized the DMV quite a while ago, makes it soooo convenient, you can make an appt and be in and out of there in no time. Last time, I renewed my license for 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The DMV always has a line. I was supposed to get my 5-year renewal last year, but they gave us the option for a two-year license for $5, so I took that. Hopefully by the time I need to renew, things will be sorted out better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The DMV experience sounds pretty miserable. I'm glad you got through it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.