Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

Saturday 9: The Promise of a New Day

 

The Promise of a New Day

Saturday 9: The Promise of a New Day (1991)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
 
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2022.

1) In this song, Paula Abdul celebrates the promise of a new day. Here at Saturday 9, we're celebrating the promise of a new year. What do you hope 2022 will bring?  I thought about this and I just kept having thoughts of I just hope everyone is safe and healthy.  I know the New Year will bring bad and good, but I am not sure I have hopes for anything specific.
 
2) She sings that we should see the wisdom from mistakes of the past. What wisdom did you gain in 2021?  I think I learned a lot about change in 2021 and to go with it.  I have always had a hard time in the past with not liking change, but I learned last year that change can be good and you can learn a lot about yourself if you embrace it.  In the field of education, we had to do a lot of things that had not been done before because of covid.  I learned not so much that change is good, but how quickly you can make changes.
 
3) What is something you'd like to spend more time doing in 2022?  Not worrying about covid.  I would like to be able to spend time with family and enjoying ourselves.
 
4) Paula Abdul was once a "Laker Girl" and performed at L.A. Laker games. Do you have a favorite NBA team?  I do not care for basketball at least NBA.  I like to watch college basketball sometimes.
 
5) In 2009, she hosted RAH!, an elite cheer leading competition.  Do you remember any cheers from your school years?  I was a cheerleader, so I remember several.

6) While famous for performing, Paula has arguably been more successful for her work behind the scenes, winning an Emmy for her choreography. Are you comfortable being the center of attention? Or would you rather work behind the scenes?  I was ok with either when I was younger, but I think I am more comfortable in the background now.  I do not always have that choice as a teacher though.
 
7) She taught actor Val Kilmer how to dance for his role as Jim Morrison in the biopic The Doors. What talent, knowledge or advice have you recently shared?  I teach kids beginning reading skills, social skills, math, problem solving every day.  The last thing we did at school was learned about different holiday traditions and we learned some Christmas songs.

8) Paula was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2005 and uses a prescription biologic every day to help her cope with pain in her toes. On your last trip to the drug store, did you pick up a prescription, or something else?  prescription.

9) Random question: You have been house-hunting for months. You finally find your dream home and are just about to say "yes" when you spot a mouse scurrying across the floor. Would you take the house anyway?  I live in the country now and that is something we have to deal with from time to time.  I know how to get rid of them, so I would probably buy the house and just try to clean it up and put out traps.  Mice are so gross.



7 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Lori! I enjoyed your answers and wish you many blessings in the coming year!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could learn from you re: #2. One of my coworkers says my tombstone will say: Here Lies The Gal, She Hated Change.

    Happy New Year! Here's to a happy and healthy 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Mice are a problem in the country. We've been fortunate and not had too many issues with them, but they do occasionally find their way in. Change is the only constant in the world. Everything changes, every second of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2021 was a big year of change in education--making the transition to more technology-dependent teaching and learning. I don't know that I liked the changes but it sure gave me a new skill set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers, and I can imagine you've had to deal with a LOT of change in this past couple of years thanks to covid, especially as a teacher. My heart goes out to you and your pupils as it hasn't been easy for anyone. Yes, praying 2022 will see and END to this mess. Have a blessed and wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mice are indeed gross. We just got a new stove and when we pulled the old one out (the first time in a couple of years) there was a lot of mouse evidence under it. ICK!! Thankfully, it was old. I knew we had one last year and took care of it. Wouldn't it be wonderful to just go back to normal and be able to get together with family and friends without worry and fuss? I sure pray this is the year for that. Happy New Year to you and your family, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.