Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Sunday Stealing- Valentine's Day

 

Valentine's Day

  


  
1. What is the meaning of Valentine’s Day in your country/area? What happens on this day?
It is a day to express your love for others.

2. Is Valentine’s Day more for men or women? Explain your answer.  It is for 
everyone.  If you buy something for someone, everyone shares in the love.

3. Do you have any special plans for Valentine’s Day? What will you do?  No, it is supposed to
snow, so we will stay in and have dinner here.  Karl bought some Valentine's Day cookies and 
a small chocolate cake for all of us.

4. Which traditional gift would you rather receive: chocolates, flowers, or a card with a personal
message? flowers

5. Is Valentine’s Day only about romantic love? Or is it a good occasion to celebrate friendship as well?
any kind of love.  I share Valentine's with Josh and my friends as well.  I have also been known to 
buy Valentine's treats for my pets.

6. Do you like romantic movies? What is your favorite romantic movie?  Hallmark movies and yes, I 
enjoy a good romance every now and then.

7. Have you ever received a Valentine’s Day card or gift from a secret admirer? How did it make you
feel? When I was in high school I received roses from a secret admirer for Valentine's day once. 
I never did find out who it was, but it made me feel good to get them.

8. Is Valentine’s Day the most romantic day of the year? If not, what day is?  I think it is a day picked
to make money from.  I think most people are romantic several other days too.

9. What is the most romantic thing you have done for another person?  I am not sure.

10. Valentine’s Day is promoted by companies whose only interest is making money. Discuss whether
 you agree or disagree.  I agree.  I think it is a day where people are guilted into buying things for 
others.  I mean, it is fun, but not necessary.

11. Describe your perfect Valentine’s Day date.  I do not expect anything, but maybe something 
simple like a dinner and movie.

12. How should a single person spend Valentine’s Day? What do you suggest?  I have spent
Valentine's Day with friends when I was young.  I think they should do what they want to do.
That might mean staying home.  It is up to them.

13. Do you enjoy playing cupid? Do you try to introduce people in the hope they will make a love match?
I might have when I was younger, but not anymore.

14. Some restaurants charge higher prices on Valentine’s Day. Are you willing to pay more to dine out
 on this day?  no, we are expecting snow and a lot of it.

15. Is a romantic gesture more powerful on Valentine’s Day or on another day of the year?  Maybe
since people are really trying to make the day special for others.

Happy Valentine's Day to all my blogging friends!


10 comments:

  1. Hi Lori:
    I enjoyed all of your answers today.
    We are staying in today too(the weather).
    Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dinner & a movie doesn't sound "simple", unless it's at home. I haven't mentioned but one of the reasons that I like you so much is you cheery optimism. Usually it can come off a bit much, but with you, it just seems so sincere and really. I hope you and the husband have a fantastic VD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. NO going out here, expecting another winter storm to roll in. Wishing you a very Happy Valentines Day, Lori. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great day! Be careful in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe and warm up there! My sister teaches in Ohio and they have been off for 8 snow days so far and will probably be out all this coming week! I enjoyed your answers today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the snow. We're having flurries today but will get wallopped later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard about a Hallmark movie series I want to try: Signed, Sealed, Delivered. Postal detectives deliver dead letters and help people along the way. It sounds very romantic to me. Do you know it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dinner and a movie are always perfect date nights!! Did you get a lot of snow??? Hope you had a great day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s sweet that you sometimes buy valentine treats for your pets.
    Dinner and a movie sounds like a perfect date night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.