Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Tuesday 4- Valentine's Day

 



Valentine's Day

Welcome to Tuesday 4. I am sure Toni would be so pleased you are here.
Let's talk about St. Valentine's Day.


1. St Valentine paid for the weddings of poor girls. Today weddings
can cost a fortune. What do you think about wedding expenses?  I think it is
a very personal decision.  It is up to the person having the wedding.  My wedding
was kind of middle priced.  If I were doing it again, I would have a small wedding
and not spend much money.  It was over in a flash.

2. Do you or did you send Valentines to people?  I have before, but I haven't
in years.  I actually thought about sending some this year, but so far I haven't.

3. Do you find Valentine's day to be romantic?  not really anymore now that I am 
married.  It was when I was in college and dating.  Fancy restaurants, dressing up,
having my hair done.  

4. Do you do anything special for Valentine's Day with partners or family?  We just do
cards, maybe flowers or chocolate.


11 comments:

  1. Hi Lori:
    I really enjoyed your answers.
    Ron always gets me some candy hearts, small things can be romantic.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wedding was small and very much DIY. It was perfect and so much less hassle than some of those big, extravagant ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever hubs does for you tsht wasant even expected is such a joy and very romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our wedding was probably priced in the middle for its time and I often think we should have taken my dad's offer of a cash gift to elope and put a down payment on a house or something, but it was the last time my whole family was together and intact. My grandfather died 2 months later and both of my aunts got divorced shortly after that (I was really close to my uncles) and the family was never quite the same again. So maybe I'm glad I had that day with all of them there after all. Have a great week, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good point. Many of the people at my wedding have passed away now, but I am so glad they were there with us at the time. I would not want to change that.

      Delete
  5. We didn't spend much on our wedding either... small and simple is perfect!! I will have to check out that book you mentioned on my blog. Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even the simple things can be romantic! I enjoyed reading your answers, hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good answers. I hope you have a Happy Valentine's DAy and do something FUN! I am just as happy having fun with my mate/family as I am having something "romantic".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun Tuesday 4 in honor of Toni and thanks to Annie! I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Peace & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use to send out cards years before. I only give them to my hubby and grands now. I am making cards and attaching to a bag full of goodies. Lori, I have a St Patrick's blog card that was from you when we left cards at each other's sites. If you want it, email me. My email is at my blog profile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your answers, Gator and I make our own cards on Valentines day and he usually cooks us a nice dinner

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.