Pages

Friday, February 11, 2022

Saturday 9: Valentine


 

Valentine

Saturday 9: Valentine (1997)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 

1) In this song, Martina McBride asks what would happen if the sun refused to shine. How are the skies today where you are?  After all of the snow we had last week (I was off 3 days for snow), this week has been sunny and in the 50's.  It has been gorgeous.

2) She sings of a dream she's had 1,000 times before. Have you ever had a recurring dream?  no, I dream about random different things.

3) Martina has published two cookbooks and appears on The Food Network. Two favorite recipes are for peanut butter desserts: peanut butter/chocolate cookies and peanut butter/butterscotch squares. Is there peanut butter in your kitchen right now?  There is, we need to throw away our jar of peanut butter and get some new, but we also have Reese's Peanutbutter cups.

4) Before she was famous, Martina sold t-shirts at Garth Brooks' concerts. Her husband worked on Garth's sound crew and she pitched in. Do you have any concert t-shirts?  I had a Corey Hart t-shirt years ago, but I don't have it anymore.  I am not a collector of concert shirts.  I don't go to concerts really.  I went to a few when I was a kid.

5) Martina headlined a gala at Ford's Theater in Washington, DC. As our nation's capitol, Washington has many buildings of historic significance. If we were to visit your hometown, what landmarks would you direct us to?  We have the original Bass Pro shop here along with Wonders of Wildlife, Bass Pro's Aquarium.  We also have Table Rock Lake, Silver Dollar City and Branson.  There is a National Battlefield here also (Wilson's Creek).  The arch is in St. Louis, but I am not that close to St. Louis.

Since this is the Saturday 9 before Valentine's Day, we've got some questions inspired by the holiday.

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?  One of my co-workers (Kris) has a really big heart.  She is always helping people out one way or another.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?  I buy them birthday and Christmas gifts.  One year they had Easter baskets, but that was for fun.  I put dog treats in plastic eggs and we had an Easter egg hunt for them.  They loved it.

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?  I don't think I ever did.

9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?  Probably Christmas cards.  We pay our bills online.



4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of putting treats inside the plastic eggs! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 Brass Pro used to be my #1 mail order store until a Cabela's opened a store in the state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves Bass Pro. We last went to one when we went to Pennsylvania. There isn't one nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had one day off for snow and it was delightful to have a bonus day off. Of course, they added a day to the end of the school calendar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.