Pages

Friday, February 25, 2022

Saturday 9: Cruella de Vil


 

Cruella de Vil

Saturday 9: Cruella de Vil (1961)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In the original animated 101 Dalmations, this song is written by Roger, who gets his best ideas at the piano. Where do you feel most creative?  In my living room at home.  I need total silence to concentrate.  I have my best ideas at home when I can get some peace and quiet.
 
2) His piano is tucked away in a crowded attic. Does your home have an attic? If so, what do you keep up there?  Yes, we have an attic.  I think there is mostly Josh's things from when he was a baby.  We have a handmade cradle up there and some clothes he wore as a baby.
 
3) The inspiration for this song is his wife's old school chum, the very wealthy and very mean Cruella de Vil. Have you ever found you couldn't stand one of your spouse's or lover's friends?  no
  
4) Make no mistake, Cruella is a very bad lady. The American Film Institute named her #38 on their 100 Greatest Villains list. Tell us another nasty movie character who comes to mind.  Loki always comes to mind for me, but I love him, he is so funny.  I think he is handsome too.


 5) Cruella wanted to skin sweet little Dalmation puppies and make a coat. (We told you she was bad.) As winter wears on, could you use a new coat (though not one made from puppy fur!)?  I could use a heavy coat.

6) This song was written by Mel Leven, who did both words and music. Do you think you'd be more successful as a lyricist (words) or composer (music)?  Lyricist.  I do not know how to compose music at all.  I can write some. I would not be good at either of these.

7) 1961 was a big year for Disney. In addition to this animated movie, they had a hit with The Parent Trap, about twins who are reunited at summer camp. Approx. 1 in every 250 births results in twins. Are there any twins in your family?  not in mine, but Karl's Grandpa Ray was a twin.

8) Also in 1961, IBM introduced the Selectric typewriter. Amazon and Walmart both still sell typewriters. Do you own one?  no, but we had one in our house when I was little, my dad taught typing/keyboarding and business machines in high school.

9) Random question: When is the last time you took a nap?  I try not to take a nap so I can sleep at night, but before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and started medicine, I took a nap every chance I got.  I was so tired.  I am fine now though.


2 comments:

  1. I really need to watch the Thor movies. With our grandson now starting to like the superhero movies maybe I will get to see it soon. My grandmother was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was a little girl. She had been my babysitter while my parents worked and had to give it up because of it. By the time she was diagnosed and on medication I had started school and didn't need a babysitter any more. Enjoyed your answers, Lori. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students are always recommending movies for me to watch and Thor is among them.

    I also have hypothyroidism.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.