Pages

Friday, June 10, 2022

Saturday 9: Let Me Love You Tonight

 



Let Me Love You Tonight

Saturday 9: Let Me Love You Tonight (1980)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) Pure Prairie League was a country rock band signed by Casablanca Records in 1980. The label, known for disco hits, wanted to expand their client roster in case disco died. (Which it did, and Casablanca ultimately went bankrupt.) Disco can be a polarizing topic among music fans. Do you love it or loathe it?  I guess some of it is ok, but I do not really listen to Disco unless Josh is playing music.  He likes it more than I do.

2) In this song, lead singer Vince Gill encourages his girl to hold him tight. Who did you most recently hug?  My husband, Karl
 
3) Vince Gill left The Pure Prairie League in 1982 and went on to be a solo success. Tell us about a job you were glad you left.  I have told that story before, but my first teaching job is the job I am glad I left.  It was so toxic, and I didn't know any better.  I thought teaching would just be that way at any district.  It is not.  I absolutely love working at the district I am at now, which is also where I went to school.

4) He says his favorite song is the country classic, "He Stopped Loving Her Today." Do you often listen to country?  sometimes.  I like classic country and I have a couple of stations programmed in my car.  Mostly 80's rock stations though.

5) Vince joined The Eagles on tour after the 2016 death of Glenn Frey, taking over Frey's guitar solos. Do you have a favorite Eagles song?  I love The Eagles.  I am not sure which would be my favorite.  Desperado, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Hotel California.
 
6) Vince met future wife, singer Amy Grant, when she performed on his Christmas TV special. Have you ever had a workplace romance?  I did when I was young.  I worked as a cashier at a grocery store in college and I dated the guy that worked in the liquor department.
 
7) In 1980, when this song was popular, The Love Boat was a hit. Have you ever taken a cruise? If yes, where did you go?  no
 
8) 1980 also gave us the Post-It Note. What did you most recently write on a Post-It?  It was something at school.  I write on them just about every day at school, but I haven't written anything down since being on summer vacation.  I have put some appointments in my phone though.

9) Random question: You find yourself one of three strangers trapped in an elevator. Would you rather the other two people be a man and a woman, two men, or two women?  I guess a man and a woman.  Maybe one of us could figure out how to contact someone to get us out.


9 comments:

  1. Desperado always makes me sigh. Good choice! BTW, I read Someone We Know. It's a goodie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I need to check the Eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad things worked out well with your teaching journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8 I think Post-It Notes are going the way of the dinosaur, people are using their phones as reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an Eagles girl, too. They were one of my favorite bands all through high school. I'm curious to see if anyone but us named Hotel California as a favorite. That was such a love it or hate it song for most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't choose an Eagles song. When they come on the 70s station on Sirius I love each one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Eagles. Still like Post-It notes, too. And I'm glad you're happy in your work - that is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grinning...I enjoyed your answers. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your answers and a few were very similar to mine!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.