Pages

Friday, August 19, 2022

Saturday 9- Jack and Diane

 



Jack and Diane


 Jack and Diane (1982)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The video for this song features lots of snapshots. Do you have many physical photo albums? Or do you store your pictures digitally?  I have several physical photo albums.  I do store many photos digitally, but if they are important to me, I print them and put them in an album...vacations, Josh and my dogs.
 
2) This song tells the story of "two American kids growing up in the heartland." Young Jack dreams of being a football star. When you were in high school, did you fantasize about stardom? If yes, what were you going to be famous for?  I wanted to perform on Broadway...mind you, that would never happen.  I just thought it would be awesome.  It was a brief fantasy.

3) Diane wears Bobbie Brooks slacks (at least briefly). Bobbie Brooks is a popular brand at Walmart. If you had a $50 gift card for Walmart, would you be more likely to use it toward groceries, clothes, household items, or electronics?  groceries.  They cost so much!

4) They go to the Tasty Freeze. If you were to run out for fast food right now, where would you go?  Sonic

5) When John Mellencamp made this record, he was known professionally as "John Cougar," a stage name suggested by his manager. He has said that adopting a stage name is something he regrets. Looking over your life, if you could take a "do over," what one thing would you like to do differently?  I always come up with good answers for this question at random times.  I will write it down next time I remember something.  I am sure there are several do overs I would like to do.  I would like to have been a nicer "kid" to the other kids.  I do think that is why I am so considerate now though.  I wasn't a bully or anything, I just remember times I was not nice.  I really do not like that I was like that.  It was in high school and middle school.
 
6) Even though he suffered a heart attack, John Mellencamp continues to smoke, admitting that nicotine is something he simply can't kick. Do you have a habit you wish you could break?  caffeine and sugar.
 
7) John's daughter Teddi was one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She went on to join the cast of Big Brother. Do you watch any reality shows?  I can't stand reality shows, but I watch The Voice and text my friend Rita while we watch.  We are able to catch up this way.

8) In 1982, when this song was popular, William Windsor was born. He's better known by his job title. Without looking it up, do you know who he is?  no, I thought it had something to do with the Windsor chair, but it is Prince William?
 
9) Random question: What do you do when you can't sleep?  I pray.  I like to believe God keeps me up when I forget to pray.  That gives me the opportunity to pray.  I usually fall asleep shortly after I finish praying.


15 comments:

  1. I wanted to do Broadway myself. Phantom of the Opera was my favorite but there is No way I could give up this life for NY living.

    I broke caffeine by first scaling back. Only having a coke when I do a spicy or savory meal other times it's sweet ice tea. I got to where canned drinks tasted metallic too much and then, cola tasted funny no matter what. I was diet cola drinker until I read what the ingredients can do to you (aspartame).

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful answer to #5. And yes, it's Prince William FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a "mean girl"? I don't believe it! You've definitely become one of the nicest people I can think of. I'd buy groceries, too. Not only are they expensive, but it seems like there are getting to be more and more empty spots on the shelves again. Supply issues? Hoarding? Here, it's the worst at Aldi's...that's not good since more folks are shopping there trying to save a few dollars. This was a fun round of questions. Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not a mean girl at all. I was just careless with my words a few different times and I hate hurting other people's feelings. Kindness is important to me. I let "myself" down. I see now how much words can hurt people through my son. Kids were way meaner to him than I ever was, but I control myself and not others.

      Delete
    2. I should also say...I am not THAT nice. If someone tries to hurt me...they are fair game. I don't necessarily do anything to them, but I AM done with them. I will not trust them or be their friend.

      Delete
  4. #4 The nearest Sonic is two towns over and I tried it once, it was okay.
    #6 Having heart problems cured me of caffeine, and having diabetes cured me of sugar. Kind of a rough way to kick the caffeine habit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, praying is good! I need to kick sugar and salt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bestie and I watch Big Brother and text. It makes the show so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always see commercials for Sonic and it sounds like a good place, but I've never seen one in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't strike me as the mean girl type. Although there may be a bit of mean girl in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying is a very good idea. I don't do much caffeine, but sugar would really be a good idea for me to give up. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun questions again this week! Caffeine and sugar! Mine is pasta, potatoes, and rice. I enjoyed your answers, Lori, and wish you a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Were you also shy? sometimes that comes off as "mean" but it's not at all ....I say my prayers before I go to sleep, too. It helps to quiet the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very shy. You are right, it does come across as mean or rude. I actually said some ugly things when I was young.
      You are right, praying does quiet the mind. I love that. ♥

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.