Pages

Friday, August 26, 2022

Saturday 9- She's in Love with the Boy

 




She's in Love with the Boy

She's in Love with the Boy (1991)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song tells the story of Katie and Tommy. She waited for him to pull up in his beat-up Chevy truck. Tell us about your wheels.  I drive a 2002 Toyota Camry and it runs great.  I love that car.  It was my grandparent's car.  When they passed away it was left to me.


 
2) Katie and Tommy stay out until 12:30 AM. What time did you go to bed last night?  I have been going to bed around 9:30 this week now that I am working again.  I get up just after 5:00AM.

3) The lyrics tell us, "What's meant to be will always find a way." Do you agree?  The more I live life the more I agree with this.  I don't worry too much about things.  God in in control.  That does not mean it is going to be flowers and rainbows though.  I was told when I was young that things just seem to work themselves out.  That has been true.  Sometimes things just do not go the way we think they will.

4) This was the first big hit for Trisha Yearwood. While she's found her greatest success in music, she's also written top-selling cookbooks. Are you a better singer or cook?  I am not great at either.  I was in college choir and our church choir, but I am an alto, so I harmonize.  I do not sing solos.  I can cook a fair bit, but nothing great.  I don't enjoy cooking.  

5) Trisha also appeared in six episodes of the TV drama, JAG. She played a medical examiner and forensic pathologist, which means her character had a medical degree and (at least) one year of additional training. That's (at least) five extra years of higher education. Do you enjoy taking classes?  I love learning.  I do love taking classes.

6) In real life, Trisha earned a degree in Business Administration before going into music. She uses what she learned in school, keeping a close eye on her finances and those of her superstar husband, Garth Brooks. She says she likes and trusts the people hired to their money, "but I check on them." Do you keep a careful eye on where your money goes?  I try to keep an eye on things.  My husband handles the money.  
 
7) In 1991, when this song was popular, Dances with Wolves was a hit in the theaters. Have you seen it?  Oh yes.  It is a good one.

8) Also in 1991, Seinfeld was a big deal on the small screen. It's still popular in syndication on cable channels and on streaming services. Do you more often watch broadcast TV or streaming/on-demand channels?  It is a mixture.  It is going more to streaming here lately.  Apple + has some good shows! 

9) Random question: Have you ever gone a day without laughing?  I am very blessed to have a job where I get to be with kids and laugh with them every day, but when my dad was dying, I don't think there was much laughing.  I was depressed through all of that.  I would stay in bed and watch tv all day.  I didn't realize I was depressed at the time.  I had to go and comfort my mom, but when I was home, I was in bed.  During the school year we had a snow day.  I decided I would lay in bed and watch tv that day like I did over the summer.  I couldn't do it.  I had to get up and get moving.  That was when I realized I was probably depressed over the summer when he passed away.  It was short lived though.  I wish Josh could feel better.  He seemed to be feeling a bit better, but then here lately he seems down again. Say a prayer for him if you think of him.

This was my first week back to school with the kids.  I think this will be a good class.  I am very blessed.  I am not seeing many problems anyway.  They are very sweet.  I am still missing my kids from last year.



8 comments:

  1. Woo you drive an older car like me. Mines a 2000 Buick century but as long as it runs I am happy. Cars are ridiculously expensive and not built to last like they once were. I just want something I can get to and from the grocery store in.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrolling down to comment I see you read My Darling Husband. That was a good one!

    Sorry to hear Josh is struggling again. I feel like I know him from your posts, and he's in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone I know who has a Camry absolutely loves it. Your siggie is SO CUTE!! I'm glad your new kids seem like they will be fun for you this year! Sorry Josh is feeling down. Prayers lifted for him and for you all!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a 2003 Camry and I liked it better than my 2014. I'd probably still have the older model if the door locks hadn't messed up on it. Then they messed up on the 2014 this spring - obviously a Toyota issue - cost $1500 to fix. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're off to a good school year. :) Mine is going well so far, too. Sending much love to you and Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was streaming last night, "Wheel of Time" on Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Amazon Prime, I will look for it! Do you have Apple +? I just finished watching Severance. It was good. I am also watching Surface and just finished Black Bird on Apple + too. Good shows.

      Delete
  7. Kids, especially the wee ones, are always good to be around. They live so MUCH "in the moment".
    I, we, will definitely say a prayer for Josh, and every day. I love Amazon Prime and Netflix, and our local PBS station does streaming, too. Or is it on demand? Oh well, I'll look it up! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.