Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Tuesday 4 Meme- Autumn Trip


Autumn Trip

 Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we put 4 questions up each week for you to ponder and answer.  Then we hope you visit all the other participants too. so we can get to know one another better.

Let''s plan a lovely vacation through New England to see the Autumn leaves..  Money is no object and we have all the time we would like.

1. How many days and  nights would you like to be away?  Karl and I took a vacation with Josh when Josh was around 5 years old.  We went to Florida to Disney World for two weeks.  We were able to do so many things.  So I am going to say 2 weeks again.  


2. What kind of car would you like to take on this trip? Maybe you would enjoy the train? Would you sail up the coast in a yacht?  I would like to do some car driving and train riding.  I have never been up that way, so I really do not know what we would need to do.

3. Would side trips be on your agenda? Perhaps to Mystic, Connecticut, Salem, Massachusetts, Plimouth, (yes, they spelled it with an "i" ) Massachusetts, Walden Pond, Lizzie Borden's home or maybe the home of  Emily Dickenson, etc.  I would definitely want to take side trips.  I like to see things.

4. Lobster roll, chowders, boiled dinners, brown bread, baked beans,  pancakes with real maple syrup, blueberry muffins, Parker House Rolls (well loved by Charles Dickens, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow,  the Kennedy clan.), Toll House Cookies, Red Flannel Hash, Tourtiere  pork pie, (Recipe here)— what native foods catch your attention?  When I travel I like to try the local flavor, but I am not super familiar with that area, so I would just try some different things and see what I like.




6 comments:

  1. Two weeks seems to be the perfect vacation length with just about all of us. Trying the local foods is one of the best parts of traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two weeks is nice if you have plenty of money, and since this said that money was no object, I guess we could all do that! It's well worth the trip...and there is so much to see...just the natural beauty of the mountains and leaves and the coastal area...it's all beautiful. I recommend that everyone should go at some time in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the two weeks. That's usually enough. I love side trips on road trips and do like trying local restaurants and food! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be awesome to have 2 weeks to explore New England and try all kinds of local foods. I'm sure you would enjoy. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. places where locals eat are usually the best. it would be an awesome trip I think. So much history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to try local foods. We're heading there in a few weeks so definitely making lists of things I want to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.