Saturday 9: Two Black Cadillacs (2011)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is about two women who share a very dark secret. Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes.
2) Carrie Underwood's favorite author is Stephen King. In fact, she credits King's Christine as an inspiration for this song. Have you read much Stephen King, or seen movies based on his books? I haven't read any books yet, but I have enjoyed several movies and I love his corgi, Molly! I follow him on facebook.
3) Carrie first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. Crazy Sam takes at least one round-trip flight every year and pays using the miles she accumulated from credit card purchases throughout the year. Do you try to earn miles, points, or cash back when you make purchases? no
4) Black is this week's signature color because November 25 was Black Friday, when retailers historically have slashed their prices and the holiday shopping season begins. Have you begun your gift shopping? I am excited to say I have done a lot of Christmas shopping this year. I just need a little something more for my mom.
5) Black Friday began as a local event initiated by store owners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. When you think of Philadelphia, what comes to mind? I have an online friend that lives there, so I think of her, but also The Liberty Bell.
6) Black Friday always comes after Thanksgiving, a day of feasting. What was the best dish at your holiday table this year? Probably the turkey, but I also love the pie.
7) Thanksgiving is also a big day for watching football. Did you watch any games? no. I watched the parade, the dog show and some Hallmark movies. I also cleaned house and we decorated for Christmas.
8) What are you thankful for this year? That Josh is working again and has met a lot of friends. He is going out more. I am thankful my mom is still with us, she is getting older. I am thankful Karl and I have good jobs we enjoy and I am thankful for God.
9) Random question: You're in a public restroom and have a choice between paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which do you choose? paper towels. I am always in a hurry it seems.