Pages

Friday, February 10, 2023

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine

 



My Funny Valentine

 Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1953)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Frank sings that his lover is his favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)  I am in my living room and have this on my wall.  I went through a phase where I loved metal art so much.  I still do, so that is why I still have it hanging up.  I think I found this one at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I like to shop at Ross for house decor also.




2) He asks her to not change her hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair?  I have an appointment for March 15th which is during my Spring Break for a cut and color.

3) Sinatra is often photographed in hats because he began losing his hair while in his 30s. He wore "a rug" for TV, concert and film appearances but really didn't like it, considering the toupee merely part of his work attire. What do you wear when you wish to appear professional?  I wear nice clothes and shoes, make-up and I do my hair.

4) Sinatra is best known for his singing and won an Oscar for his acting. But not many people know he liked to paint until he widow sold his paintings at auction. Do you have a secret talent?  If I do it is a secret from me...hahaha.
 
5) As a kid, he was a paperboy in his hometown of Hoboken, NJ.  Tell us about one of your early jobs.  My favorite job as a young person was my grocery store jobs.  I loved being a cashier.  I had a big group of friends at those jobs, I worked at 3 different grocery stores over the years.  I loved the customers and the people I worked with very much.  We had so much fun.
  
This is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 

6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for Tuesday?  Nothing planned yet, we are working on our Superbowl menu.  Go Chiefs!

7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?  Karl

8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. Who received the last greeting card you sent?  I bought Valentine's Day cards for the kids from myself and my assistant Debbie.  We made them heart shaped crayons and made candy bags too.  I got Karl and Josh chocolate candies for Valentine's Day.
  
9) Sweethearts, those candy hearts with sayings like "BE MINE" stamped on them, began as throat lozenges. Are you fan of these little candies?  Love them!



8 comments:

  1. #1: I like that wall hanging. It makes me extra sad that Bed Bath and Beyond seems to be going under.
    #5: What a terrific memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sculpture! I will be on the Philly side this year. No superbowl menu here as I won't be watching since I am alone. Have a great time !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure your kids at school just love you, Lori!! They will love your Valentine's Day gifts!! Another fun Saturday 9!! Happy weekend... GO EAGLES!! (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 No more Bed, Bath and Beyond around here, they all closed.
    #6 In a fit of craziness I am having a Super Bowl party at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m not much of a football fan. I hope you enjoy the game

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son works for a grocery store. He does not like checking. He liked when he worked in bakery. He had to manage too, but does not like it. So what is your menu for the SB? I heard my hubby mentioned shrimp. Enjoy the Superbowl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.