Pages

Friday, February 17, 2023

Saturday 9: Saturday Night's Alright

 



Saturday Night's Alright

Saturday 9: Saturday Night's Alright (1973)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Elton John tells us it's 7:00 PM on Saturday evening and he's ready to rock with his friends. What will you be doing at 7:00 this evening?  Saturday evening I will probably be watching tv.  Maybe a Hallmark movie or watching something I have DVR'd over the week.  Possibly reading.
 
2) His sister is ready to party, too. The lyrics tell us she looks cute with "a handful of grease in her hair." What haircare products would we find in your bathroom right now?  My naturally curly hair requires a lot of products to keep it from looking frizzy.  I have some argon oil, curl cream, styling gel, freeze spray and hair spray.

3) He sings that by Saturday, he's had it with the aggravation and discipline of the past week and now he's ready to cut loose. How did last week treat you?  It was ok.  We have started taking things off the walls in the classroom and Monday we will start packing up things that are going to storage and things we are taking, but not using right now.  The week was fine.  I am feeling the stress though.

4) This Saturday night finds Elton and his friends "packed pretty tight" in their bar of choice. Agoraphobics have a hard time feeling safe in busy, crowded places. How about you? Are you comfortable in a crowd?  I am not a fan of crowds.  I can handle them at church and school, but to choose to be in a big crowd, I will probably pass.  I can do baseball games.  It depends on what I am willing to do I guess.

5) The lyrics were written by Bernie Taupin, Elton's frequent collaborator. Bernie ranks this near the top of his favorite Elton John records. What's your favorite?   I can't pick.  I think Elton John is one of the most talented performers there is.  I love so many of his songs.  I can't pick a favorite.

6) Elton has turned his bad eyesight into a hobby, claiming that over the years he has purchased well over 200,000 pairs of glasses. Do you wear glasses? If so, how many prescription pairs do you own?  yes, I wear glasses.  I have 2 pairs of bifocals and 3-4 pairs of reading glasses.  Sometimes I think I can read better with readers than my bifocals.  I also found some sunglasses on Amazon that have my far away prescription so I can wear sunglasses without paying a lot of money.  Thank-you Amazon.
 
7) Elton once had to cancel an international tour because of an emergency appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?  Yes, I do.
 
8) In 1973, when this song was popular, M*A*S*H was at the top of the ratings. Who is your favorite M*A*S*H character?  I did not watch MASH, I was young when it was on and I have never watched re-runs.  I would probably enjoy them.

9) Random question: Who is the wisest person you know?  My dad when he was living.  Ya know...Josh is very wise.  He is impressive to listen to.  I will say him...if you are new here, that is my son.


5 comments:

  1. I bet you'd enjoy MASH. It's funny and has a lot of heart. It's streaming on Hulu, Prime Video or Apple TV, and TVLand shows it daily.

    I love it that Josh is the person you singled out. You write about him so often I feel like I know him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 Before I retired the company used to buy a block of tickets at a local AAA team and those were the only times I went to a baseball game.
    #6 I use clip-on sungalsses. That’s the only way I can afford sunglasses.
    #9 My dad was very wise and smart, but of course as a teenager I thought otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd like MASH. How great is it that you chose your son as a wise person?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't like to read with my bifocals, wither. I got them so that I can read maps or knit when on the go, without having to switch glasses to read signs. I used to turn to my daughter for good advice. She was an amazing person.
    Hope your week is not too stressful with all the moving and renovation. Take care and don't let it get you down. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.