Pages

Friday, May 12, 2023

Saturday 9: Mama Said

 



Saturday 9: Mama Said (1961)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is about a girl who remembers wise advice she received from her mother. Tell us about someone who advised you years ago and to this day you think, "They were right!"  My dad.  He always had simple advice, but oh so true.  I can still hear him telling me things even though he is gone now.

2) She sings about hearing chapel bells. Can you hear church bells ringing from your home?  unfortunately, no.
 
3) This week's featured artists are the Shirelles, a group formed in New Jersey in 1957. They are credited for beginning the girl group genre. Name another popular girl group.  The Bangles

4) In 1961, when this song was popular, Jacqueline Kennedy appeared on the cover of Ladies Home Journal three times. Is there a printed magazine in your home right now? If so, who is on the cover?  no magazines

5) This song was chosen in celebration of Mother's Day. More phone calls are made on Mother's Day than any other day of the year. Who was your last phone call from?  my husband Karl
 
6) Salons see a bump in appointments around Mother's Day every year. Partly because moms want to look good for their day, but also because hair, spa and nail services are a popular Mother's Day gift. When did you most recently go to a salon, and was it for your hair, complexion, or nails?  I went in March.  I have another appointment as soon as school gets out.  It was and will be for hair.

7) Similarly, restaurants experience a spike in reservations on Mother's Day. Where did you last dine out? Was a reservation required?  Karl and I had our anniversary this week...May 10th.  We ate at Applebee's,  no reservation.
 
8) The most popular Mother's Day gift is still the greeting card. Where do you card shop: drugstore, bookstore, card shop, etc.?  drugstore

9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?  I am not picky at all about chocolate.


9 comments:

  1. #9: I agree. All Hershey chocolate bars are dependably pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated anniversary! We had similar answers to #1 and I mentioned the Bangles, too, but we are usually pretty much alike in our answers. Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a belated Happy Anniversary and Happy Mother's Day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I hope it was special. I thought The Bangles were a good group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well then.. Happy Anniversary! And I'm not picky about chocolate, meaning I'll eat anything close at hand... chocolate chips, baking chocolate, etc. But, I do draw the line at Hershey's in a can. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Mine was the 11th of May. A good month to marry! Have a blessed Sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. #3 I remember them, “Walk Like an Egyptian”
    #9 Yes! Yes! It is all about the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori! Happy anniversary! We had our anniversary on May 15.
    Enjoy your weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.