Pages

Friday, June 16, 2023

Saturday 9: Beautiful Boy

 



Beautiful Boy

Saturday 9: Beautiful Boy (1980)


This song was chosen in honor of Father's Day. Hear it here.

1) Paul McCartney has said that "Beautiful Boy" is one of his favorite John Lennon solo songs. What's yours? (This link will take you to his greatest hits.)  Imagine

2) Lennon wrote this for his son, Sean. Father and son share an October 9 birthday. Does anyone in your life share your birthday?  I had a student last school year that shared my birthday (September 9).

3) John asks Sean to take his hand before they cross the street. Name another song that references holding hands. I want to hold your hand.

4) Today Sean Lennon is in his late 40s. He lives in Greenwich Village, creating art and music from his elaborate home-based music and film studio. Are you into the latest in electronics?  I usually am, it seems AI (artificial intelligence) is the latest thing.  I am not really interested in that at the moment.

5) In Thailand, Father's Day is observed on the birthday of the current King. Are you celebrating any birthdays this month?  My husband's birthday is the 29th.

6) Crazy Sam vividly remembers her long-ago high school days when her father gave her driving lessons. Do you consider yourself a good driver?  I think I am a very good driver.


7) Sam's dad is a stickler about car maintenance and reminds Sam to change her air filter regularly so her a/c and heater can run efficiently. Share a car maintenance tip.  Have your oil changed every 5000 miles or whatever your mechanic says.

 
8) When he fills up the car, Sam's father also stocks up on his favorite candy: Life Savers. He always has a bag in the glove compartment. What's something you don't leave home without?  My purse which has my wallet and cell phone.  I usually have a drink too.


9) Random Question: How long can you go without checking your phone?  I can go a long time.  Sometimes I silent it and put it away.  It can take up so much of your time if you are not careful.  I usually check it every so many hours though just in case.



11 comments:

  1. #7 -- I once wrote about car care for a client and research showed that consumers don't take oil seriously because it's so accessible. You can find it in convenience stores and Walmart and everywhere, so it can't be a big deal. But it is. I'm so glad you know that because you'll be safer on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car Walt was driving when we married got great gas mileage but you had to put in a pint of oil every 50 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold Your Hand was my answer, too! I am so careful with my car and do my best to make sure it is cared for because I can't afford a new one!! Oil changes are so important! Have a great weekend, Lori!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been testing the ChatGPT and the Bing AI just for fun. The Bing AI claims to do pictures but they are not very good. It can't do a logo at all. ChatGPT can do lists and things, but it is not sparkling writing. To me so far it's just another tool. I can see where it may take some writing work away, though. Especially the boring stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I totally forgot about AI! It fascinates -- and scares me a little. But that doesn't stop me from playing with those design-your-own sites online. (I'm easily amused, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to use AI so I can model appropriate use for my students. It's scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AI not only doesn't interest me, but I kind of think we are heading down a road with it that we will one day regret. At home I rarely look at my phone, but I use it a lot for work and when I forgot it on Friday I was totally at a loss as to what to do with myself during down times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on putting the phone down and not carrying it around. Sometimes I've had to use the "find my Phone" feature on hubby's phone or my Ipad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes a purse for sure and I try to take water too. I am trying to read before bed instead being on my phone. I love your siggie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I share my birthday with several friends and our oldest daughter shared her birthday with her late husband. My husband shares his birthday with my late dad. I agree with the late Stephen Hawking regarding AI - he tried to warn this world before his passing. As a Christian I am not a believer of anything not ordained by God.
    We are really good about caring for our cars. I enjoyed your answers. Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.