Pages

Monday, August 31, 2026

Tuesday 4 Meme- Tradition

 


Tradition

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
Tradition is an important part of any family or community and so important that people will fight to be sure they are not neglected or done away with.
From the first day of Autumn, to Halloween, All Saints Day, and Thanksgiving autumn brings many different traditions from all around the world.
School kids cut out paper leaves, pumpkins,etc. Homemakers change decor to reflect the new season.
Sweaters come out of storage... the weather is changing.
                                            


1. Why is tradition important to you?  It is important to me so I can remember old times and to teach and remind Josh of things we did as a family when he was a baby and continue to do them. Then if he wishes, he can continue those same traditions. Traditions passed through generations.


2. Have family traditions helped to shape who you are?  I like to think they did.  You know, answering these questions made me realize how much tradition helps us in planning for holidays.


3. Do you believe that tradition helps a community or shapes the unity of family and community?  I do believe that.  Our community has a Christmas parade every year and this is the one time everyone comes out and participates in the same thing.  This is also the one time I get to see my friend Malinda.  She comes and watches the parade at our house.  That has become a tradition too.


4. Are there any traditions you would like to bring back and why?  I think we do all of the traditions that my family did and on Karl's side, we do those at his family's house.  My parents are not able to do traditions anymore.  My dad has passed and my mom is in assisted living.  It is up to me to keep it up.  Karl's family does very similar things as my family.


Toni loved Snoopy, what a perfect graphic for this meme!


7 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree that it is important to continue our family traditions and build that kind of connection to our past and our future generations. My family was really big on traditions around the holidays and that made every holiday more fun and memorable. I'm glad we've passed those traditions down to our family, plus we've added some of our own along the way. To me, it's all about making memories together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She loved Snoopy and Agatha Christie and trains...That was a big reason we became good friends. Oh how I miss her. Lovely post Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agree on these, just said it differently. I'm glad Annie continues Toni's tradition!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Lori, I enjoyed reading your post today. It is sad when the parents die. We try to get the whole family together once a year. I remember going to the Christmas parade as a child and sitting on the curb. Now I need a cushioned pad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed our answers. It's hard when parents pass especially if they were the keepers of the traditions. My mil always does a cousin lunch, with my kids, and my BIL's kids and I often wonder if that is something I should try and continue when she's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we grow up and have our own families we realize just how much our own parents did, usually mom's, in carrying on the traditions. It's so great that you are able to do this for your son as those are the memories he will carry forward. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard losing loved ones! I've lost a lot of them. I also have a lot of good memories.
    I do have a tribute to 911 on my blog.
    Go to the below
    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/
    if you want to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.