Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Basically Herman is telling us that we each both break hearts and have our hearts broken during our lifetime. Do you agree? I do agree, I think you will have your heart broken over something at some point and you will somehow break someone's heart even if you do not mean to.
2) He implores us to take his advice. Have you more recently given or received advice? I was asked for advice this week, not sure how much help I was though. It was a sensitive topic.
3) Herman's real name is Peter Noone. He was popular with girls because of his bright, toothy smile. How's your oral health? When are you due to go to the dentist? I believe I go again in January. We go every 6 months to have our teeth cleaned and we have any cavities fixed at that time.
4) Peter/Herman got married on his 21st birthday. That's one way to make sure you don't forget your anniversary. Do you have a good memory for anniversaries and birthdays? no! I am the worst! I have to write them all down to remember. I do like facebook for helping me remember friend birthdays.
5) Between 1965 and 1971, the Hermits worked very hard. They appeared on all the major TV shows of the day, recorded albums, made a movie and then criss-crossed the United States and the United Kingdom, performing live. After those six years, Peter decided he'd had enough and left the group. Have you ever felt burned out and ready for a change? Yes, before I changed jobs, the school I was working for was odd. It stressed me out. It was a unique situation, it was a co-op and not a school district, so I was on my own to figure everything out. Not a great place to thrive.
6) In 1966, when this song was popular, the miniskirt took the fashion world by storm. What's the most recent piece of clothing you added to your wardrobe? probably a school t-shirt.
7) In 1966, TVs were expensive pieces of furniture. A set with a 16" screen and a wood console sold for $250, which is $1,950 in today's dollars. Tell us about your TV. How big is it? Where did you buy it? We have a 50 inch flat screen smart tv we bought at Best Buy. TV's do not cost much anymore. We bought my mom and dad one for Christmas one year.
8) David Schwimmer, aka Ross on Friends, was born in 1966. Who was your favorite Friend? Rachel, I always loved her hair and her style. I am close in age to the actors in the cast of Friends.
9) Random question -- Describe your dream car. I do not really have a dream car, I just want a new car. I own a Toyota Camry...GREAT car. It is a 2001 and still drives great...no problems. I would keep it, just want a newer model too. I probably will not do that, so I will keep my older Camry. They run forever!