Pages

Friday, October 18, 2019

Saturday 9- I'd Really Love to See You Tonight

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


I'd Really Love to See You Tonight (1976)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This song is about a guy who, out of the blue, phones an ex. Have you ever spontaneously phoned or emailed a former lover? Has an ex ever reached out to you?  Yes, I have gone to see ex's and phoned them when I was young.  There was no e-mail then.  I have also had ex's reach out to me.  That is way in my past.


2) He suggests walking through the park, taking a drive along the beach, or watching TV. Do any of those suggestions appeal to you right now?  Those all sound nice!

3) "England Dan" got his nickname because he was a passionate Beatles fan and would affect a British accent when he talked about his favorite group. Are you good at imitating accents?  I love to speak in accents. 

4) Dan met John Colley when they were high school classmates in Dallas. When they were still kids, they agreed that "John Ford Coley" would be a better stage name. Think back to your high school days. Which of your friends daydreamed along with you?  My friend Britteny. 


5) After the duo disbanded, "England Dan" went to Nashville, billed himself by his real name -- Dan Seals -- and recorded country music. Who is your favorite country performer?  Maybe Dolly Parton or Johnny Cash.  I like old country.

6) Today John Ford Coley lives in TN. He performs occasionally and raises horses. Have you ever been to TN?  Yes, we stayed in Tennessee on our way to Florida.  We stopped to see the Chatanooga Choo Choo while we were there.

7) In 1975, when this song was popular, Foster Grant Sunglasses had a suggested retail price of $5/pair. Do you buy sunglasses more for fashion or utility?  I used to buy them for fashion...I LOVE sunglasses, but now that my eyes need prescription to see far away too, I have gone to prescription sunglasses and I need those to see and my eyes are sensitive to the sun.

8) The most popular movie of 1975 was Jaws. Have you seen it?
  yes

9) Random question: Excluding anyone related to you by blood or marriage, what man are you closest to?  I do not really consider myself close to any men right now.  When I was in college, I had a lot of guy friends and we are still friends, but not close like we were in college.  I am not really "close" with the co-workers that are guys either.  I do consider them friends though.



13 comments:

  1. I answered the same as you on the glasses. I buy prescription sunglasses all the time. I used to like Dolly Parton too. Her Slow Dancing with the Moon was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard Dolly this morning on the radio -- "Here You Come Again." I sang right along with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe I didn't see the Chattanooga Choo Choo when I was there? I was kind of disappointed about that.
    Dolly has an amazing voice. Did you know she wrote "I Will Always Love You"? I actually like her recording of it better than Whitney Houston's.
    Have a blessed Saturday, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I did know that. I like her version better too.

      Delete
  4. Dolly Parton made my list, too. I really love her singing and philanthropy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude's suit is the same color as Crest toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers... while reading our one about accents it made me remember how I used to love to read Brer Rabbit to the classes, and I I'd read it in a deep southern drawl.. THey got such a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have trouble being friends with men. Daddy issues, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is so cute! Love that you decorated for Halloween.
    Aha! Another Accent lover! Me too. Right now I'm totally out of practice. But it was fun.
    Dolly Parton is a great singer and how she can play the guitar so well with 9 inch nails, I'll never know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the old country singers too. The newer ones just sound like rock and roll from the 60s. Fun questions! Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Dolly Parton--I have her song Jolene in permanent rotation on one of my Amazon music playlists. Love that you redecorate your blog so frequently--it's always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answers Lori. I too prefer old country to some of the new stuff out today and Dolly was always a favorite. Have a day of blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw Dolly Parton in an interview and she really impressed me.
    She is also in a documentary "Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice"

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.