Pages

Friday, October 29, 2021

Saturday 9- Werewolves of London

 


Werewolves of London

Saturday 9: Werewolves of London (1978)


Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Warren Zevon sees a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand. He wanted beef chow mein. If we Saturday 9ers got together for Chinese, what would you likely order?   General Chicken, egg roll and crab rangoon.

2) He also says the werewolf's hair was perfect. Are you having a good hair day?  Not bad.  It is raining today, but my hair looks ok.

3) Linda Ronstadt was a big Warren Zevon fan and recorded several of his songs. Do you have a favorite Linda Ronstadt song?  You're No Good

4) Warren Zevon admitted being afraid of doctors and avoided check ups. Are you scared when you go to the doctor or dentist for a routine visit?  I am not scared to go to the dentist.  I go regularly and have been seeing my dentist for 3o years.  I don't even mind having cavities filled.   The doctor is another story.  As I get older, I worry about what the doctor will say. Every year I go in expecting there to be something wrong.  So far, I have been fine.

5) In 1935, the movie Werewolf of London was released. Do you enjoy being frightened by scary movies?  it depends.  If it is a movie I think it stupid and just tries to scare you with noises or starling you...then no.  If it is a truly scary story then yes.  It is about the story for me.

6) In your younger days, did you ever trick or treat while dressed as a monster?no, I remember being a clown, nurse, ghost.  I think I was a cheerleader one year too, but never a monster.

7) When you were a kid, what sweet treats were you happiest to receive?  chocolate probably.  I don't remember eating much of the candy.

8) Can you see any Halloween decorations as you answer these 9 questions?  no, it has been so rainy, I haven't had Karl go outside to get them from our shed.  Now I will just decorate for Thanksgiving.

9) Halloween is most popular in the United States and Canada and isn't really celebrated at all in Japan or South Korea. How would you explain our Halloween customs to a visitor from another land?  Good question.  I would probably google the history of Halloween and then talk about how it is mostly celebrated by kids now in fun ways.  Halloween is weird.  Happy Halloween!



9 comments:

  1. Crab rangoon! It's delightful! You know, absolutely everyone is onboard for our Sat. 9 trek to the Chinese restaurant. I guess that cuisine is the one thing we all agree on.

    You and I experienced Halloween same-but-opposite. I remember the candy, not the costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 I bought a deep fryer just so that I could make crab rangoon. I make my own because I think that they don't enough crab meat in the ragoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had Chinese food in a couple of months. It's about time. Fun questions an answers today! Happy weekend & Halloween! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have Chinese food! We've had it exactly once in the last two years. And that's a great Linda Ronstadt song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my own kids were home Halloween was more fun. When I was a child, my parents weren’t that interested because we lived way back at the river and not many kids came back that far, to call out at our door.
    I learned to cook Chinese food with Joyce Chen. Crab Rangoon is new to me. My daughters still fix the dishes we made together during the years they were home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I could definitely go out for Chinese together. General Tso's is my second choice, but since you are throwing in crab rangoon...
    Ditto on the music in the car, but I think we figured that out a while ago. :)
    Hope you're having a nice Halloween weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there even CRAB in a crab rangoon? I love them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.