Pages

Friday, October 15, 2021

Saturday 9: Livin' La Vida Loca (1999)

 



Livin' La Vida Loca

Saturday 9: Livin' La Vida Loca (1999)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Ricky Martin sings that he and the girl dance in the rain. Do you feel like dancing this morning?  I never feel like dancing in the mornings.  I am so sleepy when I wake up.  Now give me a couple of hours and I will dance.

2) The lyrics tell us the girl prefers champagne. When did you last enjoy a glass of the bubbly?  It has been a very long time.  Probably 30 years. 
 
3) When Ricky first heard "Livin' La Vida Loca," he imagined  the subject of the song was a "Bond girl," the glamorous love interest of James Bond in the movies. Since 1962, there have been more than 20 Bond films. Have you seen any/many of them? Do you have a favorite Bond?  My husband loves them, but I do not care anything about them, so no favorite Bond.
 
4) Ricky tells interviewers that when he was very young, he'd sing in the family kitchen, pretending a wooden spoon was his microphone. Crazy Sam admits to lip synching into a black Magic Marker. When you gave imaginary concerts, what did you use as a microphone?  I used my hairbrush.  I love singing.

5) Ricky began working at the tender age of 9, performing in commercials. How old were you when you received your first paycheck?  15

6) Ricky does yoga to stay in shape. Have you ever tried yoga?  no, just a yoga pose here and there.

7) Ricky is of primarily Spanish descent, with a little French mixed in. When you think of French cuisine, what comes to mind?  desserts, I studied French, but I never did go to a French restaurant.  I thought that would have been such a fun field trip for our French classes, but we never went.  Probably too expensive...I really have no idea.
 
8) Ricky once had his own restaurant, Casa Salsa, in Miami Beach. Have you ever worked in food service?  I worked at McDonalds when I was in high school.
 
9) Random question: What is your best quality?  I am a good listener and encourager.


13 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I am like you when it comes to a Bond movie. I do like Star Wars! I like your cute siggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on dancing in the morning...I need time to wake up before I'd even think about it. It's funny, in our house I am more of a Bond fan than my husband, but Daniel Craig might have something to do with that. ;) Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have a been a perfect outing for your french class! My mom and I cooked a German meal for my German class--we didn't have a German restaurant in the town I went to high school in. It was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just knew you would be a fellow hairbrush singer!! And yay for McD's!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 You are about the same bubbly drinker as me. The last wedding was when I had a glass and was almost 30 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  6. My French class did an exchange with students in Quebec province--the only problem is that we had studied Parisian French and Quebec French is quite different. Still, it was fun to stay with a host family and then to have the host student stay with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I studied Spanish. We never went to a restaurant but we did have class parties with food from Spanish speaking countries. It’s easy to make Mexican food, so most of us did that …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took Spanish also, but just for a year. It would have been so fun to bring in dishes. Mexican restaurants are a plenty here, but there was only one French one that I knew of. I studied French for 4 years...2 in high school and 2 in college.

      Delete
    2. I was a French major in college.

      Delete
  8. I can see that you would be a good listener and encourager. Probably a great teacher, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have the cutest siggies (is that what they are called?). I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Bless you for working at McDonald's. I think fast food restaurants would be nerve wracking places to work. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. #4 -- Hairbrush is obviously the best answer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such an cute, and adorable blog. It's a treat for the eyes.
    Yay! Another singer! And, just what that a sad world needs more of!
    I used Yoga to mend a broken back after being thrown from a horse at 24. It was the only thing that worked.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.