Pages

Friday, March 4, 2022

Saturday 9: Good for You


Good for You

Saturday 9: Good for You (2015)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Selena Gomez sings about how eager she is to look good for her lover. What color do you look best in?  Probably pastels, but I typically wear black, red, brown and navy blue.
 
2) She compares herself to a diamond, which is the birthstone of people born in April. Do you know your birthstone? Is it a gem you often wear?  My birthstone is sapphire.  I always had sapphire rings and earrings when I was young.  I would like to have another sapphire ring and possibly a bracelet.  I do not wear anything regularly right now.
  
3) Selena Gomez is a successful singer who has appeared on the Billboard charts more than 30 times. She also has her own cooking show on HBO Max. In each episode, Selena invites a chef to help her master a new recipe. She says that, off camera, the dish she enjoys making most is spicy miso ramen soup. What's your favorite soup?  I am not a huge soup fan, so I will just go with chicken noodle.   
 
4) She was recently nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance in the Hulu miniseries Only Murders in the Building. Have you streamed anything interesting lately that you would like to recommend to Sat 9ers?  I am currently watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.  I just love that show.  It is on Amazon Prime and they are dropping 2 shows a week right now.  There are two other seasons too.
 
5) Selena Gomez provides the voice for Mavis Dracula, daughter of the Count, in the animated Hotel Transylvania movie and its sequels. In these family movies, Dracula and his family run a luxury hotel where monsters can vacation and get away from it all. The tone is similar to The Munsters and The Addams Family, TV shows from nearly 60 years ago. Caspar the Friendly Ghost has been entertaining children for generations. When you were a child, were you fascinated by ghosts, goblins, monsters and other such creatures?  I enjoyed reading ghost stories and writing ghost stories.  Probably just the ghosts for me that I was fascinated with.  

6) Selena's busy schedule is especially impressive when you realize that she lives with lupus, a chronic condition that can affect the skin, joints and kidneys. She credits "diet, routine and medication" for helping her avoid flare-ups. Do you have any tips that might help us increase our productivity and efficiency?  Vitamin D, I think it helps me not be so tired and helps my health.  I also like taking probiotics.  Those help me not have tummy issues.

7) In 2015, when this week's song was popular, Leonard Nimoy died. Without looking it up, do you know why he was famous?  Star Trek character.

8) Also in 2015, NASA announced that water had been found on Mars. Do you follow news about science and space?  Yes, I was always fascinated with space as a kid too.

9) Random question: What was the best year of your life?  I am not sure.  I have really good things happen to me every year and also bad things happen.  Maybe the year Josh was born would be the best.  1998.


11 comments:

  1. I really need to check out The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I've been hearing such good things about it. I used to write spooky stories as a kid, too. I also take Vitamin D, in really high doses. I don't know if it makes me less tired, but it sure helps my winter moods. I enjoyed your answers. Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so similar it is funny. :) I love that.

      Delete
  2. Probiotics make a big difference to my GI health, too.

    I started to watch Mrs. Maisel but didn't really like the beginning. What was that in the cab? Didn't even make sense! But maybe I should go back and give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost did not go on with Mrs. Maisel because of the first episode, but a friend told me it was only the first episode and to try it again. It was worth it. I laugh so much.

      Delete
  3. #4 I watched "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" a couple of times but I like
    "Inspector Lewis" better. But it is hard to go wrong with any of the
    Masterpiece Mystery shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to get into The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and just couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started taking an increased dose of Vitamin D and I also notice a very big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take Vitamin D as well, under my doctor's care. She checked my levels and they were low so I take a fairly large dose of it daily. I'm supposed to spend 10 minutes outside every day, which is hard for me to do since I am allergic to practically everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Mrs. Maisel too!! Fun answers, Lori! Have a good rest of the weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.