Pages

Friday, May 13, 2022

Saturday 9: Give a Little Love


Give a Little Love

Saturday 9: Give a Little Love (1988)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

In memory of Naomi Judd (1946-2022)

1) In this week's song, the Judds tell us they aren't impressed by diamonds or foreign travel. If you had your choice, would you prefer a $1,500 diamond pendant or a $1,500 voucher from United Airlines?  I think today I would choose the airlines.  I am not actually sure how far that would get me....remember I have never flown, so I have no idea how much this stuff costs, but anywhere would be nice about now.  I may want the diamond a different day.  hahahahaha

2) In the video for this song, the Judds are shown having fun on the beach. Do you have any trips to the beach planned for the upcoming summer months?  no, I wish I did, but no.

3) Early in their career, this mother-daughter duo performed in clubs venues around San Francisco, where they called themselves The Hillbilly Women. Have you recently been to a bar or restaurant with live music?  no, but that sounds like fun.  It has been years since I have been in a restaurant with a live band.

4) They moved to Nashville in 1979 in search of greater success. During the three years it took them to score a record contract, Naomi supported the family as a part-time nurse and occasional model. She enjoyed the flexibility so her schedule could accommodate auditions. Do you like having a pre-planned schedule? Or would you rather keep things loose?  It depends.  I really enjoy a schedule to keep me on track, but sometimes it is nice to keep things loose.

5) Wynona sang the Elvis classic "Burning Love" in 2002 Disney movie Lilo and Stitch. What's the most recent Disney movie you've seen?  We are learning about the ocean in Pre-K, and I have Disney+, so at the end of the day during snack time I let the kids watch Finding Nemo and today we watched The Little Mermaid.  We are doing a Pirate theme next week, so Peter Pan is on the schedule.
 
6) In 2011, Wynona wrote her first novel, Restless Heart, about a country singer struggling with the price of fame. Have you ever tried your hand at writing fiction?  I wrote a short story when I was young.  I enjoyed writing it, but I think that was the only story i ever wrote.  I went through a poetry phase too, but I gave all of my poems to my boyfriend at the time, so those are gone.

7) Kid sister Ashley Judd is the only woman in her immediate family to not change her first name. Naomi was born Diana, and Wynona was originally Christina. Do you like your first name?  Yes, I do like it.  I haven't always, I just think I am ok with who I am at this point.
 
8) In 1988, the year this song was popular, Sonny Bono went from entertainer to politician when he was elected Mayor of Palm Springs. Have you met the mayor of your town?  no

9) Random question: Were you a member of the Columbia House Record Club?  no

For those of you who read/keep up with things about my son Josh.  His old job La Fiesta sold their business, so he is not working there anymore.  He is working at a theme park here called Silver Dollar City.  I have written about it before.  It is set in the 1880's.  He is working at one of the restaurants there called The Lumbercamp.  Here he is in his costume on his first day of work which was Wednesday.  He is liking it so far.  I hope this works out for him.



10 comments:

  1. You could fly from NYC to Los Angeles and back for less than $800. So that voucher is more than enough to take you somewhere nice, and bring you home.

    I hope this job works out for Josh, too! A job he likes would be a great way to go into summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, you could go to Hawaii! I hope Josh’s journaling b works out well. Cut outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the previous poster. I can't sigh in on my IPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 I seem to be the only one to take the diamonds because you can sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Finding Nemo--that's really cool how you incorporate it into your lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have firm plans for this summer, either. Good luck to Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Josh! My husband is having hip replacement surgery in June, so I guess most of my summer will be spent playing nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so glad Josh found another job and seems to like it! I know that is no small thing. I'll be praying it continues to suit him and works out for as long as he needs or wants it to. It's so cool you tie movies into the lessons and let the kids have some fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Josh found a job he likes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great photo of your son, smiles. I hope you had a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.