Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Tuesday 4 Meme- Memorials...


 

Memorials...

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

We celebrated Memorial Day on Monday... let's talk about memorials and memories.

1. Do you find memories comforting or troubling?  Mostly comforting.

2.  Have you set up a memorial for a loved one or friend?  I helped with my dad's memorial.

3.  What songs bring back good memories for you? It just depends.  Mostly songs from the 80's and 90's when I was a kid.

4.  Have you visited Civil War or Revolutionary War sites?  There is a Civil War national battlefield here close to where I live.  We went on a field trip there when I was in school and I have been there a couple of times since then.  It is called Wilson's Creek National Battlefield.  Wilson's Creek was the first major Civil War battle fought west of the Mississippi River, and the site of the death of Nathaniel Lyon, the first Union general killed in action. The costly Southern victory on August 10, 1861, focused national attention on the war in Missouri.  Wilson’s Creek NB commemorates and interprets the battle within the context of the war in the Trans-Mississippi West.




7 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori. I'm so glad you commented! I've lost the link to some of the blogs I used to visit, and you were one of them. Little ones so tend to keep us young! I watch a channel on You Tube called History Underground. The host visits a lot of Civil War battle fields. It's very sobering to see what happened there. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful you were able to visit Wilson's Creek with your class, Lori! Thanks for including this link! I, too, would love to see it with my own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy visiting historical landmarks. Wilson's Creek sounds nice. Another fun Tuesday 4! Have a good week, Lori! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved visiting those places in school. I think it really stays with kids for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers. We have a local fort here, Fort Vancouver and I think they do renactments, but I've never gone. Maybe I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori, I enjoyed your post very much. I need to get back into doing mems. Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.