Pages

Friday, July 8, 2022

Saturday 9: Time for Livin'

 



Time for Livin'

Saturday 9: Time for Livin' (1968)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about taking "time for life." Do you have a busy, highly-scheduled Saturday planned? Or will you have an opportunity to just relax and enjoy? Oh no.  I am planning to relax some.   We spent last weekend shopping for furniture, so I am thinking we can relax this weekend.  This is a picture if one of the rooms with new furniture.  It is so comfy.  We needed to change furniture so bad.



2) Lead singer Larry Ramos begins by telling us he likes to kick off his shoes and go barefoot. How about you? Do you like to feel "the good earth under your feet?"  I did when I was little, but I like to have shoes on all of the time now.  I think it became some kind of I am "always ready to go" if I need to thing.
 
3) He sings that once he took off his watch, he found he had all the time in the world. Tell us about your watch.  It is silver.  I always wear a watch because at work rarely have my cell phone with me.  I need to know the time.

4) With lyrics that include words like "grooving" and "hang-ups," this song is very much a product of its time. Share some of the slang you used during your adolescent years.  When I was in middle school the California valley girl talk was a thing.  Totally awesome was something we said a lot.  I still say awesome.
 
5) He sings that his attitude has been rearranged. What is something you have changed your mind about?  Probably something to do with food.  
 
6) This week's group, The Association, was founded in Hawaii. Hawaii produces more pineapple than other state in the union. When did you most recently have pineapple?  I think it was when school was going on.  They serve us pineapple when we have Chinese food.
 
7) In 1968, when this song was popular, Jacqueline Kennedy married Aristotle Onassis. Think about the last wedding you attended. Were you closer to the bride or to the groom, or were you equally close to both?  groom.  It was my nephew's wedding.


 
8) In 1968, when this song was popular, Laugh In was America's #1 TV show and it made a star of Goldie Hawn. Do you have a favorite Goldie Hawn movie?  I am not a huge fan of Goldie Hawn and I also do not watch a lot of movies.  I do think I saw Private Benjamin though.  I am not sure how much I liked it.
 
9) Random question: Who is the most recent person you made smile, and what did you do?  It was probably Karl or Josh.  I was probably telling some kind of story about going to the doctor the other day.


9 comments:

  1. love the look of your new furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew and his bride look lovely.
    Happy to see someone else wears a watch. I've noticed at work that fewer and fewer people do. They depend on their phones and the display on their computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it like, totally awesome, like something like that? The new furniture looks like, totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new furniture--it looks cozy and plush. What a lovely bride and groom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new furniture looks great, Lori! I'm glad you got it so soon. I don't know if it's improved around here or not, but last fall if the store did not have an item in stock it was going to be months before you could get furniture. We ordered a mattress because they said two weeks. After 3 weeks I started calling every week to see if was coming in and they'd check with the manufacturer and be assured it was on the truck and headed our way. Yeah. After about 5 months of that I told them to give me back my money and keep the mattress if and when it ever came. I still say "awesome" as well, but I've always blamed it on working in youth ministry. Back in the 90s and early 2000's everything was AWESOME. lol I hope you're enjoying your weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your totally awesome answers and also your totally awesome new furniture! It looks really "cool", which is what we said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nephew and his bride are a lovely couple. Sweet smiles!
    Your room with the new furniture looks so inviting! As CountryDew said, "totally Awesome!" Oh yes, and very "Valley Girl" it is! I still say, "Awesome!" from time to time.. Mostly I say, "Oh, Snap!" , or "Oh, Duh!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice new furniture! Your nephew's wife is beautiful and I love her gown! Fun questions and answers! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.