Pages

Friday, April 14, 2023

Saturday 9: Danny's Song



Saturday 9: Danny's Song (1972)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Anne Murray sings that she thinks she's going to have a son. Is anyone in your life expecting a baby?  No one is coming to mind.

2) Back in the 1970s, when this song was popular, parents had to wait until their baby was born to know the gender. Today moms and dads can learn within the first few months whether they're expecting a son or daughter. Do you prefer it this way? Or would you rather not know in advance if you are welcoming a boy or girl into your family?  I wanted to know as soon as possible so I could start buying things for him.
 
3) Anne is so popular in her native Canada that her face graced commemorative postage stamps. What's the last piece of mail you affixed a stamp to and mailed?  It was a Christmas card.

4) She began taking voice lessons at 15. She was so serious about it she took a 50-minute bus ride each way to her classes. What extracurricular activities captured your attention when you were in high school?  choir and cheerleading.
 
5) She studied physical education at the University of New Brunswick and upon graduation taught PE for a year. Did you enjoy gym class?  no, we had to have one P.E. credit in high school.  I decided to take it my freshman year and get it over with.  It turned out that there were a lot of my friends in that class and we had fun playing the games with each other.  It turned out well.  I liked to do gymnastics, so that was my favorite thing in P.E.  I also enjoyed floor hockey.  I had way more fun than I thought I would.  I did enjoy it, but did not look forward to it at first.  Story of my life.

6) Every spring and summer, Anne's fans travel to Nova Scotia and The Anne Murray Centre. There they can see exhibits and memorabilia from her long career, including her Grammy Awards and gold records. If we were to display memorabilia reflecting the highlights of your life, what items should we include?  Maybe my diplomas with pictures of graduations.  Prom, some college pictures.  pictures of my wedding and later when Josh was born.  Pictures from my teaching jobs.  Me with my classes.  Then special pictures of me with my family.  I like pictures.
 
7) In 1972, the year this record was popular, Popeyes opened their first chicken restaurant. Today there are more than 3700 locations in 30 countries. Is chicken on the menu at your house this week?  I met an online friend this past week.  I have known her online for over 20 years.  I met her when Josh was first born.  She and her husband are traveling across the U.S. in a motor home.  They are from Idaho and they came into Missouri early this week and I was able to meet up with her and her husband for dinner one night.  Her name is Kat and I always wanted to meet her, I just never thought it would happen this side of heaven.  I am so glad it did.  Pictures of this would go in my highlights from #6.  This is us.  I am in the red on the right and Kat is in black and white on the left.  I had chicken at our dinner (so yes to the actual question).  Karl and Josh went also and her husband Steve.  They were the nicest people ever.



8) Also in 1972, latch hook rug kits were all the rage. With pre-cut yarn, a latch hook, and a printed pattern, "hookers" could make wall hangings, pillow covers, and throw rugs. Are you into arts and crafts?  I love them, but I have never learned to do them very well.

9) Random question: If you were offered the position of mayor of your town, would you take it?  no


9 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, how nice that you got to me Kat! I got several of her graphics in the day we had our websites. I am glad you took a picture together! Cute siggie too. It think I need to get that one since we have had a lot of rain this year. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to meet an online friend.
    Especially as you already knew her for so long.

    I like the siggy too.
    Thought the other day of starting a graphics site again, but I don't think I have the time.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5 Only one gym class! You were lucky we had to take one each semester in high school.
    #9 It seems like not too many Saturday 9ers don’t want to be mayors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about you and Kat! What a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when I get to meet people I have known on line for many years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cool that you were able to meet a blogging friend. I know sometimes I wish all the Sat 9ers could have a get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got to meet Kat in person. What fun! I've met a couple but there are several more friends I hope to meet some day. I'm the same with crafts. I could probably do them if I took the time and learned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE meeting my blogging friends. So fun!! Great picture! Fun questions! Wishing you a blessed week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.