Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There (Theme from Monk) (2003)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is the theme from the detective show that ran from 2002-2009. Were you a fan? Oh YES!!!! I LOVED this show and hated when it went off. I recently saw a rerun and it made me just as happy to see it as it did when it was on tv many years ago.
2) The song warns us about the air we breathe and the water we drink. Does your home have an air or water filter? no, I live in the country so the air is really clean and the town we live in has good water. It has been tested and it is good right out of the tap.
3) The lyrics say, "People say I'm crazy to worry all the time." Are you a worrier? Or do you just take things as they come? I worry about some things like my son, but overall I would say no I do not worry about things that do not matter.
4) TV's Adrian Monk is known for his outstanding deductive powers, an homage to Sherlock Holmes. Have you read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books featuring Sherlock Holmes? no
5) Monk was also known for fastidiousness and precision, an homage to Hercule Poirot. Have you read any of Agatha Christie's books featuring Poirot? no, I really wish I had. I love Agatha Christie
6) This song was written and performed by Grammy and Emmy winner Randy Newman. Do you have any trophies or plaques? no, not that I can think of.
7) Before winning an Oscar in 2001, Mr. Newman had the distinction of having the most nominations (15) without a win. Do you consider yourself a graceful loser? for sure! I do not mind losing at all.
8) In 2003, when this song was introduced, Lance Armstrong won his fifth Tour de France. Later, he was disgraced in a doping scandal. Can you think of a time when a hero disappointed you? Several years ago I got caught up in watching Mark McGwire hit home runs for the St. Louis Cardinals. He is actually probably why I am such a big fan, but a few years later everyone found out he and many other players were taking steroids. That was a little disappointing I guess, but maybe not a huge surprise?
9) Random question -- We're catering lunch. Should we put you down for a burger or a taco? burger