Monday, August 27, 2018

this book!

Josh's medicine arrived on Tuesday and he started taking it that day too.  It has been 5 days and so far so good, but it is really too early to tell how he will do, but I will keep you posted.
I do not even think I mentioned this with everything else going on, but Karl quit his job a couple of weeks ago.  There was not going to be much work with the company he has been working for and so he decided it was time for a change.  He got a new job...still doing commercial construction, but with a different company and he started on Thursday.  He likes it so far.  He feels like it will be a more stable position with fewer layoffs and maybe not being sent away from home so much.  We are trying to both be here for Josh and the next job they were planning for him was far enough away that he would have to stay in a motel all week and only be home on weekends.  This change will be much better for Josh.
The school nurse (Sherry) was talking to me this week, I mean I talk to her every morning, it is part of my routine, but she offered to let me read her book.  It is pictured over on the left.  It was written by our Pastor's wife Debbie and I absolutely love it.  It is about everything.  Prayer, faith, friendship, hope...and on and on.  Debbie tells stories from her life.  It has been such a blessing to read it.  I am almost finished reading it and there is a list of other friends at the school that want to read it too, so I will get it back to Sherry so she can pass it on to the next on the list.

I had my mammogram this week.  I was so scared and I had always been told it would hurt.  It did not hurt at all and everything was fine.  The results were normal.  I was happy about that.  Thank-you God!

My co-workers and I went to our training on Friday, it was in Lebanon if you are familiar with the area, that is 90 minutes from Reeds Spring where we started.  I got up at 3:15AM to get ready for the day and met my co-workers at 5:45AM and we headed that way.  The training was good.  We got back at 5:00 PM.  It was a long day.  We do have one more day of it...on this Friday we go back to finish up our training.  Anyway, this picture is of me and Kris...I am on the left.  We work together a lot and I just love her.  There were 5 of us that went though and I enjoy all of those girls too.  We had fun talking on the way up and back.
This week should be more calm.  I only have that training on Friday and the other days will be just normal work days.  I will keep you posted on Josh.  Have a nice week!


  1. Nothing like having fun with friends in the midst of training! Cute photo! I'm glad to hear about the new job and I'm glad he likes it so far. I hope that Josh's medicine continues to give good results!

  2. Hi Lori, thanks for leaving me a comment. I like the picture with your friend. Glad Carl got a new job and Josh finally got on his new medicine. I hope it works for him. I am glad you are blogging again! Hugs


Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.