Saturday 9: The Nanny (1993)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is the theme from a sitcom that originally aired from 1993 to 1999. Were you a fan? I was! I loved that show and watched most of the episodes.
2) The song tells us that Fran once worked in a bridal shop. Have you ever worked in a retail setting? no, but I wouldn't mind it.
3) The kids in the Sheffield household appreciate their nanny's "joie de vivre," which is defined as "exuberant enjoyment of life." Are you feeling joie de vivre this morning? no, not really, I am feeling a little sad today because school is getting ready to start. I will be fine once it does though. I am like this every year at the end of the summer.
4) "The Nanny" is the colorful one, the one who wears red when everyone else wears tan. What color do you think you look best in? I am really trying to wear colors again, but I was stuck on black for a long time because I have gained a lot of weight. I like to wear back and I look good in browns or earth tones.
5) The TV show, The Nanny, was the brainchild of actress Fran Drescher. She got the idea while visiting her an old friend in London. Her friend's pre-teen daughter enjoyed having Fran as a confidante and shopping buddy. Do you enjoy shopping as a leisure activity? Or would you prefer to just dash into a store, grab what you need, and get out and go home? I am a grab and go person, my mom is a shop leisurely person. It drives me crazy.
6) The friend Fran was visiting in London was Twiggy, who was the world's most famous model in the 1960s. Name another famous model. Giselle
7) The Nanny: The Complete Series is available on DVD on Amazon. It consists of 19 discs and takes 55 hours to watch, start to finish. What TV show have you recently binge watched? I binge watched The Reverie this summer and it is good, but my latest binge was the new Agatha Christie mini series on Amazon Prime called Ordeal by Innocence. It was so good! It is 3 one hour shows.
8) The Nanny theme was sung by Liz Callaway. Her father, the late John Callway, was a long-time Chicago newscaster. Have you, or has a loved one, ever been on TV? Karl and I have both been on local tv singing in our church choir and I was once on the news when I took Josh to a reading time at the library. No one nationally though that I am aware of.
9) Random question -- Which of these adjectives comes closest to describing you: sexy, sophisticated or down-to-earth? down to earth for sure.