Pages

Friday, January 24, 2020

Saturday 9- Go Where Baby Lives

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


Go Where Baby Lives (1957)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here


1) The lyrics tell us that the girl of his dreams lives up on a hill. Is there a hill near your home? Or is the terrain pretty flat where you are?   It is hilly where I live.

2) Another clue to her whereabouts is that she's about a mile from town. Will you be staying close to home this weekend, or will you be traveling a mile or more?  This weekend we are going to see Les Miserables, so we will be traveling a little.


3) Sam admits she's crazy about the sax solo. Is there a particular musical instrument that you love to listen to? I like drums and I enjoy the trumpet.


4) This is the only record The Strollers made for States, a company based out of Chicago. States was only in existence for five years (1952-57) and this was the 63rd or 64 records released before they went out of business. Tell us about a business in your neighborhood that recently closed their doors.  Well, I live in the country, but there is a grocery store that has been on the news the past week that is going out of business called Lucky's.  It was a more healthy food store.

5) More than 60 years after its initial release, this song enjoyed new popularity when Xfinity used it in commercials for their wifi. What company is your internet service provider? Are you happy with it?  We have Centurytel or Centurylink, whatever they are calling themselves these days.  We love it because we live really close to the DSL main station.  We hardly ever have problems and we have a really good and fast connection.


6) In researching this week's song, Sam googled "strollers" and was surprised to discover how many different types of baby buggies are available today. When did you most recently push a child in a stroller?  I can't remember...surely it wasn't Josh.  We have babies where I work, but I do not work with the babies.

7) In 1957, the year this song was released, President Eisenhower celebrated his second inaugural with a parade featuring more than 50 marching bands. The mercury never quite reached 45º that day. How's the weather outside your front door?  It cannot decide what it wants to do...it is around 31º and it has sleeted, freezing rain, rain...everything but snow basically.

8) One of the best-selling books of 1957 was Peyton Place. This steamy saga of small town life launched two films, two television series, and several made-for-tv movies. Is there a book that you enjoyed that was successfully turned to a movie?  Well, I really enjoyed Big Little Lies over the summer and it is a tv show, does that count?  It is a great book.  I saw Woman in the Window is going to be a movie, but I do not know that I can watch it.  I loved the book, but the music can really scare me sometimes during movies.

9) A Peyton Place-inspired question: Can a man be physically unfaithful to a woman, but still love her?  I guess so.  I can't really know a person's feelings.  I wouldn't stick around if that happened to me though. 

10 comments:

  1. I found Woman in the Window thrilling, but I never read the book so I can't compare the two. I liked the first season of Big Little Lies, but I can't buckle down and concentrate on season 2. Sometimes it feels like there's just too much for me to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I must be the only person in the world who hasn't seen Les Misérables yet. Have fun and enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh have fun and be careful. We just got a warning about the roads (same weather as you, only snow is mixed in with the pouring rain). Have a great day friend, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les Mis is one of my favorite musicals. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your love drums, too. I first of all thought of Inna Gadda da vida, but thought no I have written that a few times as a I was lsisening to Pandora one of my favs came up so I shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was little we needed to go up a hill to get out of the cul-de-sac and then it was two miles downhill to get to the ice cream store and then we had to go back up that 2 mile hill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Big Little Lies--although I've only seen the first season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun questions again this week and I enjoyed your answers. I'm not into musicals these days but love the Les Mis movie with Liam Neeson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you so tired of all the rainy cold days.... you sound like me been a long time since I have pushed a baby buggy but this summer because currently we have 4 month old grand baby we will be pushing one can't wait
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.