Pages

Friday, January 17, 2020

Saturday 9- Miss Independent

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

 



Miss Independent (2003)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here


1) The song begins with Kelly describing a woman who is "independent" and "self-sufficient." Are you feeling especially independent and self-sufficient this morning? Or is there a particular task on your to-do list that you wish you had help with?  I feel like when I got married I quit being as independent and self-sufficient.  My husband does a lot for me that I did for myself when I was single.  I can do things though.  He is happy to let me too.  I am pretty independent if I need to be.

2) Kelly especially enjoys that this song was a hit, because she had to argue with the record company to even include it on her album. Tell us about a time you're glad fought to get your way.  Many years ago when my Grandmother died, she had wanted me to get the first chance to buy her car from my mom and Uncle.  My husband said we could not afford it.  I said we couldn't afford not to.  We paid $5000 for a pretty new low mileage Toyota Camry and I still drive it.


3) The video depicts a very lively party that spills from the house to the pool area. What's the last party you attended? Was it held indoors, outdoors, or did the revelers enjoy themselves both inside and outside?  It was mostly indoors, but my nephew ended up outside riding his motorcycle.

 
4)The partiers are playing with "silly string." Have you ever indulged in a "silly string" battle?  no, but this is something one of my husband's sisters and her husband do at special occasions.


5) Kelly Clarkson has a new daytime talk show. Who hosted the last entertainment talk show (as opposed to news) that you watched?  Ellen...I love Kelly's new talk show by the way.  I am just not home to watch it.  I saw Ellen at my mom's today after school.

6) Kelly Clarkson told a foodie website that one of her favorite foods is sushi (especially California rolls). She said she's surprised how fond she is of it, since as a kid, sushi is a food she wouldn't even try. Tell us about something you had to be convinced to try, or do, that you were surprised to find you enjoyed.  When I was little I hated spinach, but now I like it in certain things.

7) In 2003, when "Miss Independent" was released, Microsoft and Sony were furiously competing for gamers' attention. Do you own Playstation or Xbox, neither or both? neither.


8) Also in 2003, the best-selling cookbook was The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion. It features foolproof recipes for old favorites like waffles, pancakes, flat breads and crackers. When you look for a new recipe, are you searching for an easier/better way to make something familiar, or are you more likely looking to try something new?  usually something fast and better/easier too.

9) Random question: Which has gotten you in more trouble -- love or money?  money


http://www.fancycricket.net/

6 comments:

  1. I answered with spinach, too! Specifically dip, but I also now like creamed spinach. Yet when I was a kid, I refused to touch it. (Sorry, Mom.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Brussel Spouts, which I now like, smiles. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun questions again this week! I enjoyed your answers. I have always liked spinach... perhaps Popeye had something to do with that! LOL Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the Toyota was worth fighting for. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate cooked spinach but I love it in salads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are like me...always looking for the quick, easy recipes. I am just too tired for elaborate stuff on work days. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.