Pages

Friday, April 3, 2020

Saturday 9- Could've Been

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

 



 Saturday 9: Could've Been (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This wistful song is about a love affair that ended. What song reminds you of a long-ago love?  Maybe certain songs that come on the radio, but that was a long time ago, I do not think about them often.

2) It was written by Lois Blaisch, a singer-songwriter who performs at clubs around Los Angeles and has sung outdoors at Disneyland. Would you prefer to attend a concert indoors, or outside under the stars?  When I was younger I always enjoyed the outdoor concerts, but probably now I would enjoy an indoor concert more.  I do not go to concerts though.  It is not my thing.

3) This week's featured artist, Tiffany, appeared on the TV talent show Star Search when she was just 14. She came in second. Though she was disappointed, she admits she learned from it. She studied the singer who won and says it made her a better performer. Can you recall a time when you weathered a tough time and came through stronger?  We all do this a lot whether we realize it or not.  It is happening right now too with the coronavirus stuff, and we are going to be just fine.

4) Early in her career, she toured Alaska, opening for country legend George Jones. Have you ever visited our 50th state?   no, I have a friend that lives there though.

5) Tiffany provided the voice of Judy Jetson in 1990's Jetsons: The Movie. Which cartoon did you enjoy more: the space-age Jetsons or the pre-historic FlintstonesI watched both of those cartoons.  I may have enjoyed The Flintstones a little more.

6) In 2007, she appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club and lost 28 lbs. Are you making an effort to stay fit during this stay-at-home period?  Not really

7) In 1987, when this song was popular, Aretha Franklin became the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What's your favorite Aretha song?  I really enjoy Respect.

8) Also in 1987, third-generation race car driver Marco Andretti was born. Are you a race fan?  not particularly

9) Random question: Do you find it easy to sit still, or are you fidgety?  I think can sit still better than most people, but I do fidget some.


13 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! While I'm grateful to have seen some of my favorite artists perform, concert-going is no longer my thing either. (And that was before this virus.) It does my heart good to read what you said about we're going to be 'just fine.' From your lips to God's ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. I picked Respect too, smiles. Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In college I was a "Deadhead" and follow the Grateful Dead around outdoor concerts in the northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're all going to be "just fine" except for the thousands who will have died. Scary times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fidgeter. I envy your stillness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers and we agree on concert going these days. Wishing you a good weekend. We are having trouble remembering what day it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a hard time choosing an Aretha song, I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will get through this, but it will change us. My boyfriend has the virus (he won't get the test results until Wednesday but I know what he has), which means I probably have it too. My cousin is on a ventilator. We've already lost more people to this virus than we lost on 9/11. Most of us will be OK when this is over. But we will all be different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. Praying for you all! Feel better. I do think this will change us as well.

      Delete
  9. Yes, I believe we will get through this, but things may be a lot different. I'm so sad for all the people who have died and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, we are going through a tough time now and probably learning all kinds of things about ourselves (and maybe our families!). I'm not sure, but I think the Flintstones might be winning. Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answers. Concerts arent really my thing either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.