Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

Saturday 9- I Don't Care

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

 



 Saturday 9: I Don't Care (2019)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song begins with Ed Sheeran admitting he's not enjoying the party he's at. What's something you have to do this weekend, but don't want to do?  I am going to be going to the school on Monday to pack up the room, so Sunday I will have to go to bed early.  I like to stay up late reading.  It is not a big deal though, but there is really nothing else I have to do.

2) Justin Bieber sings about trying to have a conversation at a party. Have you seen any of your social gatherings cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic?  Yes, my friends and I always go to a religious women's conference in Branson called Pure Joy.  It has been post-poned until August and it is the first week of school, so not sure of we will go or not.

3) Both Ed and Justin conclude that this party -- and everything else -- is okay because they're with the ones they love. Who in your life always makes you feel comfortable and content?  My husband Karl and my son Josh.


4) Ed and Justin have both appeared on The Simpsons. Are you a Simpsons fan? not at all

5) Speaking of animation, Ed Sheeran has said that he'd love to do a Disney soundtrack, like Elton John's Lion King. Do you have a favorite Disney movie?  Beauty and the Beast
 
6) Justin Bieber is fluent in French, and Ed says he knows enough to get by. Say something to us in French. Parlez-vous français?

7) Justin can solve a Rubik's Cube in less than two minutes. Are you good at puzzles?  Certain types I enjoy more so I am better at those.  I like jigsaw puzzles and word searches.

8) In 2019, the year this song was popular, 20 new governors took office. Tell us something about the governor of your state (or commonwealth)?  The governor of Missouri is Mike Parson.  He was actually elected Lieutenant Governor and Eric Greitens was elected Governor.  Grietens had to resign his position due to corruption and felony charges, so Mike Parson became Governor.  I think this virus has made things hard for the Governors to make decisions, but I think he is doing ok.  

9) Random question: Did you more recently give a compliment, or receive one?  I gave one to my friend, she showed me a picture of her granddaughter.  She was so cute.


15 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Beauty and the Beast as well. Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty and the Beast was good too! I like most Disney musicals.
    I agree, the Governors are really having to work with this Covid virus going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty and the Beast--all the dancing kitchenware. Loved it! Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad about the way the school year has ended and I feel sooo bad for this year's seniors, though imagine the stories they will tell their grandchildren! I'm doing lots of reading, too. We binge watched the whole Longmire series and I learned it was based on a book series so now I'm reading the books. One down and at least 15 more to go! Have a good Saturday, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad about the way the school year has ended. I don't know much about your governor, I just know about the governors in NY, PA, NJ, CT.

    I hope you have a great Saturday, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The academic school year here has been
    cancelled until next school year.
    I also think our Governor is doing the
    best he can.
    I didn't realize how wonderful living
    NORMAL could be until I didn't have it
    anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to school Friday and was so overwhelmed! I did take down bulletin boards and wash the white boards and straighten up my desk. I admit, I cried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was down yesterday making copies for the kids and the power went off, so I went to the classroom and did the bulletin boards and took everything down in the hall. I started taking down our pre-k kids not returning, I think it really hit me then. I mean, we didn't even get to graduate them or say good-bye. We went on Spring Break and never came back. :( It is hard.

      Delete
  8. Beauty and the Beast the cartoon was a fun movie. I liked the recent "live" one but not as much as the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be sad closing up the classrooms. My sister still teaches (40 plus years) and she has been sad about it too (in Ohio). No final decision has been made here in Florida. We could still reopen schools next month. Doubtful, but possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even summer school is doubtful for us. They are saying it will be August before we can go back.

      Delete
  10. I'm going way back here, my favorite Disney move is Lady and The Tramp! Even at my elderly age, yep I'm old, lol, I would watch it again. Hope you stay well and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will it be emotional to go back to your classroom?

    #8 interested me. After George Ryan and Rod Blagojevich, I thought only IL had these problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went by yesterday. I was making copies and the power went off in the building, so I went to the classroom and worked a bit. It is like it was stuck in time. I took everything down, the hall is clear. I took the art off the wall to get ready for the parents to pick up. It was weird for sure. I was just down there for a little bit before the power came back on.

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.