Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

Saturday9- All Right

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

All Right




Saturday 9: All Right (1983)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This song has an optimistic message about love: "It gets tough sometimes, but you can give it one more try ..." Do you tend to take an optimistic look at life?  Oh definitely.  I mean, it isn't like bad things don't happen to me, but I just have to learn from it and move on.

2) In this song, Christopher Cross sings, "Time and time again I see people so unsure like me ..." Tell us about a recent time when your confidence could have used a boost.  I had to give a presentation at school to some colleagues a while back.  I really do hate public speaking like that.  It went fine though.

3) The Doobie Bros.' Michael McDonald plays on this record. Do you have a favorite Doobie Bros. song?  Listen to the Music

4) Though no longer making hits, Christopher Cross still has loyal fans who attend his concerts. Time permitting, he spends time after each show signing autographs. Have you ever asked a celebrity for his/her autograph?  Well, the only autograph I went to get was the one of Stan Musial (St. Louis Cardinal great)...but by the time we got there he had stopped signing autographs so we missed out.  He was getting a bust at the Springfield Hall of Fame and so we watched that dedication, he played his harmonica and spoke.  We had a great time.  Afterwards, we were standing on the sidewalk and he was in his Cardinal red car waiting for his wife and we were just watching him from a distance.  He looked over at us and waved us over to his car!  We had a short conversation and he handed me a few pre-autographed cards of his and told me to make sure the kids got them.  I asked him if I could take his picture with my son and he said yes.  Here is the picture and we had it professional framed with his autograph.  I will never forget that moment.  



5) Christopher Cross' dad was an Army doctor stationed at Walter Reed Army Hospital in Washington, DC. With all the museums and monuments, our nation's capital could be a great place for a kid to grow up ... except sometimes we take the advantages of our hometown for granted. Tell us about a nearby museum, park, theater, etc., you'll visit again when this period of crisis is over and it's agreed that it's safe to do so.  This area is known for the original Bass Pro Shop...I don't go much anymore, Silver Dollar City (theme park)...but honestly...I am more likely to visit the Japanese Stroll Garden in Springfield, MO.  I love going there, it is so peaceful and beautiful.  We went back at Christmas.  They had Christmas lights everywhere and Christmas music playing, but this is a great time of year to visit too because they have lots of flowers planted in there.


6) In 1983, when "All Right" was popular, Flashdance was a hit in movie theaters and on the radio. What's the most recent movie you watched? Most recent song you heard on the radio?  I watched a Hallmark movie today and I haven't listened to the radio in a while.  I can't remember.
 
7) Also in 1983, America West Airlines took off, flying between Las Vegas and Phoenix. They went nationwide in 2005 after they merged with US Airways. In 2013, they merged again, this time with American Airlines. Do you collect miles in an airline loyalty program?  no

8) Super Mario Bros. debuted in 1983. Can you name gaming's most famous siblings?  no

9) Random question -- Under hypnosis, you discover you lived three past lives. In the first, you were wealthy beyond your wildest imaginings, thanks to a loveless marriage. In the second, you were a star on the roller derby circuit who had earned the nickname "Smasher." In the third, you were a brilliant mathematician who worked your way through school as an exotic dancer. Which of these would you find most shocking?  Probably the 3rd.  I would never be into exotic dancing.  My body doesn't move that way.  I was a good roller skater, so that would only surprise me a little and young people do dumb things, so that might explain a loveless marriage.


13 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers. Never got into roller skaing but I was a good ice skater. I'd like to see that Japanese garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan the Man! I'm so glad he was nice and kind to you and your son. I met Lou Brock once at a business event and he was awesome, too. When I got up to him, even before "hello," I blurted, "I'm a Cub fan." It seemed important to tell him that (Brogilio and all). He thought that was so funny. I appreciated that he didn't think I was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun meeting those guys. My husband has met lots of players, but I only had that one on one with Stan. He was the kindest man to everyone. I will never forget it. That is such a cool story about Lou! I love that you told him you were a Cub fan! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved roller skating, but could never quite see myself as derby queen, lol. I enjoyed your answers, have a great day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely always looking on the bright side of things. It's one of the reasons I enjoy visiting your blog so much...such a happy vibe here all the time. Love how nice Stan Musial was. More sports heroes should learn from the guys like him. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stan the Man! What a great story.

    The Japanese garden looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Japanese Stroll Garden looks beautiful, I would love to visit it with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great memory of Stan Musial. Isn't it nice when celebrities turn out to be nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely say you're optimistic! Reading your blog is always a lift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Young people do dumb things." Truer words were never spoken!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great memory for your son to have his picture with Stan Musial! Fun questions again this week. I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori, I went to a Japanese park in Hawaii that was awesome. So peaceful! I like you new siggie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lori, yes you are optimistic! Visiting here leaves me feeling great! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.