Pages

Friday, March 19, 2021

Saturday 9- ORDINARY PEOPLE


 


ORDINARY PEOPLE (2005)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, John Legend sings that both he and his girl have "room to grow." What about you? In what areas would you like to improve?  Maybe working out more and eating better.

2) He sings that when he hangs up in anger, she calls him back. Are you quicker to anger, or quicker to forgive?  Quicker to forgive.  I have been quick to anger though and I learned it doesn't really get me anywhere, so I just forgive and move on.


3) "Ordinary People" was John Legend's first big hit. He originally wrote it for The Black Eyed Peas, but -- happily for him -- recorded it himself. Have you ever purchased a gift for someone else but then decided to keep it yourself?
I don't think so.
 
4) Ordinary People is also the title of an acclaimed novel by Judith Guest and an Oscar-winning film. Are you familiar with either the movie or the book?
I don't think so, but I looked up the movie and it looks good.

5) John is married to Chrissy Teigen, who gained fame as a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. When is the last time you dove in? Were you in a pool, lake, river or sea?  Pool

6) John unexpectedly proposed to Chrissy on vacation, but he was afraid airport security would ruin the surprise when they went through his carry on very thoroughly. He worried she would see the ring box and he'd have to drop down to one knee right there at the airport! Tell us about one of your flights: your first, your most recent or your most memorable.  I have never flown.

7) John is currently a coach on The Voice. The other coaches are Nick Jonas, Kelly Clarkson and Blake Shelton. Of those four singers, which is your favorite?   I like the music from the Jonas Brothers, so I will say Nick Jonas.

8) In 2005, when this song was popular, Johnny Carson died. After he retired from The Tonight Show in 1993, he traveled extensively and discovered he especially enjoyed photographic safaris in Africa. If time and money were no object, where would you go on vacation?  I would plan to travel all over, but I might hit a beach first.  Maybe a trip to Hawaii.
 
9) Random question -- In your typical day, what's the longest you usually go without saying a word to another person: all day, a few hours, an hour, or five minutes?  Probably like 5 minutes working at a school, it is not possible to just be quiet.


13 comments:

  1. I think you'd like Ordinary People, but it's not an easy movie. (I was shocked by how unlikable Mary Tyler Moore could be!)

    I don't like flying. One thing I look forward to when I retire is having the time to travel by train. You see more, and you remain earthbound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hawaii! I was scared to fly for so many years. I did not fly until after I was 40. I had to give my fear to God. We have plans to go back to Hawaii in the fall if Covid rates improve. Your siggy is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems many of us are eager to get out and exercise after this plague.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your answers.
    I'm surprised that you have never flown.
    Have a great Saturday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your answers. Have a beautiful weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you are surrounded by noise all day long! I hadn't considered that. How nerve-wracking that would be for an introvert like me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just what you mean about school being noisy and needing to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori, happy first day of Spring!

    I’ve got my blogger set up... kind of... it needs work lol 😂

    https://wynnes-warbles.blogspot.com/

    Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m puzzled about several things, including why my post background is grey. I can’t figure out how to change it or the text color. Text icon with colors isn’t working. I’m such a Blogger newb lol.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would guess there is no down time when working in a school!! Fun questions again this week and I enjoyed your answers, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant, Lori, your suggestions worked! Thank you so much 💕 I’m so happy to be blogging again, too. I can’t wait to see your post tomorrow. Thank you very much for mentioning me, that’s so sweet of you 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so glad! Ya know...Toni used to help me with my blog all of the time. It makes me think of her. ♥

      Delete
  11. I never thought about it, but there wouldn't be much time to be quiet working at a school. Maybe that's why I'm not a teacher and never wanted to be one. I like my quiet periods. I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Sorry to be so late getting around. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.