Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Tuesday 4 Meme- Future Ahead...

 



Future Ahead...

Welcome to Tuesday 4 in memory of Toni Taddeo.
This week we have some questions from Pamela Steiner
once again.


1. Let's pretend that it is 50 years into the future, and explorers have
just discovered your house, "frozen in time" exactly as it is today.
Everything is preserved, even the food, but of course no one has
lived there for fifty years. What do you think would be their first 
reaction as they walk in the door of your house?  They loved books,
reading, St. Louis Cardinals, KC Chiefs and St. Louis Blues.  They 
would know we had dogs.  There is dog hair.  They would think we
like snacks, candles and make-up.


2. What would the things left in your house tell the explorers
about you?  I am a sports fan, dog fan and fan of reading books. 
I think they would know we were Christians too.

3. What kinds of books would they discover on your bookshelves
or beside your chair/bed?  We have a lot of religious books, Bibles, 
college text books and I have my curriculum books from school sitting 
here close to me.  They would figure out a teacher lived here.  I also
have a copy of Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop by Fannie Flagg and Where
the Crawdad's Sing sitting here too.  I borrowed them before covid, then
my work location was moved last year and I was not able to return
the books to their owners, but they are going with me next week when
I go to start working on my classroom.

4. What things would they discover in your closets or cabinets that
would make them wonder why on earth you were saving it?  I just cleaned
out my closet.  That is something I do every summer.  In fact, I did a big
purge at the beginning of the summer, so I have decluttered.  I do not
think they would wonder why I was saving anything...well..maybe the
make-up.  They may wonder why I have so much.  I went through that
too and got rid of a lot of stuff.



9 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers. I'm an avid reader too. They'd probably think they stumbled into a country lending Library with the wide variety of books inside. *lol*
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers.
    I store too many things for the memories.
    Have a wonderful day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer ! We are with you on the dog thing . You would probly trip over dog toys and pilow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to do my closet and make-up cleaned out. Great answers. They will definitely know what you liked. I didn't play along today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed with the purgers! I have go to start doing that immediately__or maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun questions this week and I enjoyed your answers! I remember the make-up days and how it does accumulate. There is always something new to try! But, I quit wearing make-up and it has been so freeing!! Blessings!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori, I am not surprised you have lots of book. Now that I think of it, I have several books in the garage. I don't want to part with them yet. Maybe when the grands get older and I donate their Legos. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for joining in this week! I love your answers and would find your home interesting and happy. And I might ask to look at your closets to see what a "purged closed" looks like! I don't usually allow anyone to see my closets or they might stage an intervention! LOL. All my makeup fits in a tiny 4" x 6" bag. I like to keep it simple...but then, I am retired and don't have to show my face unless I want to. However, when I look at myself in the mirror, I remind myself right away why I need to put on some makeup! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great glimpses, Lori! We're fans of dogs and reading, too! Now, if I could just catch that purging virus.........

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.