Pages

Friday, November 19, 2021

Saturday 9: Somewhere



Somewhere

Saturday 9: Somewhere (1983)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) This song is from the hit musical West Side StoryIt has just been remade by Steven Speilberg. Are you interested in seeing the 2021 version?  Yes, I love West Side Story.

2) Growing up, Crazy Sam thought this song was called, "A Place for Us." Tell us about a song whose title or lyrics you got wrong or misheard.  This is so embarrassing because it doesn't make any sense and it is a favorite song.  It is the song Centerfield by Dan Fogerty.  The lyrics are "put me in coach, I'm ready to play...today".  I sang "put me in the coal mine...I'm ready to play...today.  I told you it doesn't make any sense.  I was not a huge baseball fan at the time and I do not think I knew the title of the song.  Anyway, years later I was singing along and I was with Karl and he was like what are you singing???  hahahaha  He still laughs at me when that song plays.
 
3) Barbra Streisand sings of longing for "time to spare, time to learn and time to care." The holidays are often too busy for many of us. With Thanksgiving almost upon us, do you wish you had more time?  I really do.  I love the holidays, but I feel pulled in too many directions.
 
4) Early in her career, Barbra was pressured to have her nose fixed. She stubbornly refused, and did rather well anyway. Tell us about a time you resisted pressure.  I am not pressured, I have just always been a person that does what they want.
 
5) In the late 1960s she briefly dated Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, father of current PM Justin Trudeau. Obviously Barbra knew what became of Pierre and his family without having to look them up. Without the advantage of Google, do you know where one of your former loves is in 2021?  Well I am friends on facebook with my high school boyfriend.  
 
6) One of Barbra's hit movies is The Way We Were, a love story about hopelessly mismatched lovers. Streisand always wanted to do a sequel and worked with a screenwriter on a treatment. Her costar, Robert Redford, refused. He simply was not interested in revisiting his character. Is there a movie series that you especially enjoy?  Lord of the Rings was an exciting one we anticipated every next new movie.  I also liked Hunger Games and Pirates of the Caribbean.

7) Barbra met her husband, James Brolin, at a dinner thrown by friends. They hit it off immediately, but he had to leave the next day to begin a movie in Ireland, so they began their romance over the phone. Do you enjoy long phone calls? Would you prefer video calls (Zoom)?  I typically hate talking on the phone and zoom isn't much better...but if I never got to see Karl or Josh...I might prefer zoom so I could see them.

8) On July 1, 1998, two years to the day after their first meeting, Barbra and Brolin married. It used to be that brides were advised against wearing white for their second wedding, but Barbra ignored that, wearing a white beaded gown. Do you believe brides should still avoid white the second time around?  I really think they should wear what makes them happy.

9) Random question: Is anyone on your bad side this morning?  no


9 comments:

  1. I agree. Brides should wear what makes them happy.
    We both liked Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean. 👍🏻❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's nice that you and your high school boyfriend are FB friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 I agree, fashion are made to be broken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine having the 1st ex (and high school boyfriend) as a FB friend. I am not a person who ever stayed friends with an ex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still friendly with all of my ex boyfriends. I lost touch with a few but we parted on good terms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I liked Hunger Games and Pirates, too!! Forgot about those! I agree that brides should wear what they want to wear. There really aren't any "rules" anymore about weddings (or funerals, for that matter). I enjoyed your answers, Lori, and wish you a blessed weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved POTC.

    My friend named her cat Katnis. Think she liked the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was drinking water when I read your answer to #2 and almost spit it back out because I wanted to laugh. Isn't it amazing what we think we hear? I liked Hunger Games, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to laugh about your singing thought---I do that a lot...and you should hear the guys at work...sigh...children. LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.