Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Tuesday 4- Home Sweet Home

 


                         

Home Sweet Home

Welcome to Tuesday 4 where we ask 4 questions each with to get you
thinking, blogging and getting to know your fellow Bloggers! We do
this in memory of Toni Taddeo who founded it and who was so beloved
by so many.

This week, let's talk about your home town or home state.

1. What was your hometown like? Or home state or both!  I live in 
Missouri.  We have a lot of trees, lakes and hills.  I live in a rural town and
my home town is also a rural town.  Where I grew up and now work is a
tourist town because of the theme parks (Silver Dollar City and White Water), 
also Table Rock Lake.  It is also really close to Branson and Springfield.
There is a lot to do here.  This is a picture of Table Rock Lake.  I spent a
lot of time on this lake when I was young.



2.Did you enjoy where you grew up? Why?  I did enjoy it, but it wasn't 
until I moved away that I was able to appreciate it.  It is not that beautiful in
 other parts of Missouri, but it is very pretty.  As a kid, there was so much to
do with the lake and also Silver Dollar City and White Water.



3. How much did where you grew up shape you?  I think it shaped me quite a 
bit.  When I was a kid in your jobs, you dealt with tourists all of the time.  They
were always so happy and that made me happy.  When I worked in another 
town, the first thing my trainer told me was that people are rude.  I didn't believe
it until I dealt with the public for a while.  These people were not on vacation
and were grumpy and tired.  I was used to being so nice and the people being 
nice back.  I guess I didn't accept that being rude was ok, because I still try to
be really friendly when I go out shopping.  I feel like so many of my values come
from my hometown.  I am so glad I get to work there now.  I am now teaching kids
of my dad's students...which is very cool.

4. What were some of the best and worst things about where you grew up?  All of the 
things to do were a good thing.  There are so many people here in the summer, which
is great for the economy, but it really makes you want to stay home when you are an 
adult.  I never stayed home as a kid.  We just went with the flow.  Another good thing
about living here is everyone helps each other.  It is a friendly place to live.



9 comments:

  1. It's great that you live in such a lovely place. I agree that it doesnt take much to be friendly even if you are grumpy and tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful lake. Sounds like a nice place to grow up. That is so nice that you are teaching the children of your dad's student. I'm so happy to hear that it is a happy place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing about your town, and especially about the friendly part. I know we lived in a resort town for a while, and I enjoyed that because people came there to have fun and enjoy the beauty all around us and it was easy to make people smile! How neat that now you are teaching in the same place where your Dad taught apparently, and you have the children of his students! I love that kind of continuity!! I enjoyed your post so much. I finally did mine late last night. Have a blessed and wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers and learning about your towns. My home town is more touristy now than it used to be, mostly because of the popular waterfall, and a few other outdoor thing that draw people. When I went home for my reunion I was so frustrated trying to find somewhere to park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great memories you have from home and childhood. Loved your post : Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers and nice to learn more about you!! Sorry to be so late getting here!! zo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, hopped in from another blog. Just getting back to blogging. I live in Missouri and love to go to Branson and Silver Dollar City. In fact we plan a short trip in December.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I heard about the fire my son and his wife are down there this weekend. He said they were only closed one day. Nobody got hurt badly so that is great news.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.