Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Tuesday 4- November is Here

 


November is Here


Welcome to Tuesday 4 begun by our friend Toni Taddeo and
kept up in her memory. This week let's talk about November!

1. Besides Thanksgiving is there anything about November
you like/dislike?  November is a nice month with the weather.
In Missouri, it is typically pretty comfortable.  I like how the
Christmas lights start going up (my outside lights are up already)
and just everything about Thanksgiving.  Macy Parade, Black Friday,
great food, football and family.  Love the day and the month.

2. How is November weather where you live? Does it suit you?
It is in the 50's-60's.  It is comfortable.  I love it.

3. When do you plan for Thanksgiving? Eat home or out? Menu?
I am starting to think about dinner now.  I have it at our house.  My
mom has essential tremors and it is hard for her to cook now.  I enjoy it.
We did eat out one year.  My parents wanted to.  I hated it.  It is just
not part of our tradition, so we never did it again.  Josh was really little
at the time too.  I did not want him going out to eat for holidays.

4. When do you begin your decor and plans for Christmas. It "officially"
begins after Thanksgiving and the Macy's Parade when Santa arrives at the end.
We have our Christmas lights up now outside, but the inside is decorated for 
Thanksgiving and will be until the day after Thanksgiving.


11 comments:

  1. That is nice that you have your lights up already. Ours go up after Thanksgiving. Your siggie is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Yeah, going out to eat for a holiday dinner just isn't the same. I like to linger over dessert...
    Your weather sounds about the same as ours here in Florida for November. It's actually one of the nicest months for us. We don't decorate until after Thanksgiving either. I can only handle one holiday at a time! Your little pilgrims are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome answer for #1! I love a Thanksgiving meal at home. I don't believe I've ever been at a restaurant for a Thanksgiving dinner. It just wouldn't be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ate out for Thanksgiving a couple of times and I hated it too. Traditions must be adhered to!! Christmas comes to my house the weekend after Thanksgiving. No lights outside here, though many decorate lavishly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We ate out for Thanksgiving once and it was horrible. Never again! I had rather have a turkey sandwich at home than eat out on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last year we ordered out and it was pretty nifty in a covid year, just the two of us! Surprise of surprises, my dr visit was amazing. After my last endoscopy I only now need hopefully 1 more endoscopy to ahhihilate that huge stone and then it is very likely I will not need to remove the G B. Which means as it is now, I’m good enough to travel and go on to Boston as originally planned and let Amanda do all the work. So glad I got the gifts wrapped today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful that you enjoy preparing the holiday meals for your family. I'm sure they appreciate it. If it is just me or me and one other family member, I will gladly order out or make something very different to the traditional meal. For now I'm still making the traditional turkey and/or ham for family and sometimes a friend or two or more (before Covid).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow everyone is still blogging. That’s really nice. I love your weather and traditional thanksgiving. Our holiday ms will be different now with mom gone and kids in CA. But we have a lot of new friends here and a wonderful church family. We will be going to CA for an early Christmas and then be home for Christmas because that’s where I want to be come Christmas morning. Have Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I'd like eating out for Thanksgiving either. Just love the home style coziness of eating at home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally getting around to everyones posts. We put our lights up today and then unfortunately noticed two sections aren't working...uggh. My hubby is ready to not have them next year. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.