Pages

Friday, November 5, 2021

Saturday 9- All I Have to Do Is Dream

 



All I Have to Do Is Dream

Saturday 9: All I Have to Do Is Dream (1958)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) Did you dream last night?  I did not sleep well, I cannot remember.

2) In this song, The Everly Brothers dream of kissing "lips of wine." Do you prefer red or white wine?  red
 
3) In 1975, Rolling Stone ranked Phil and Don #1 on their list of the greatest duos of all time. Name another musical twosome.  Hall & Oates

4) Mike Love has acknowledged the influence The Everly Brothers had on The Beach Boys' harmonies. What's your favorite Beach Boys song?  I love The Beach Boys...I can't pick, I love all of their songs.  I have seen them in concert 2-3 times and I am not a concert goer.

5) The pressure of touring took its toll on the Everly Brothers' personal relationship, and those stresses spilled onto the stage. They once had a fight in front their audience that ended with Phil smashing his guitar and storming off. Have you ever busted something in anger?  no, I get angry in my head which leaves me crying sometimes.  I do not destroy things though.

 
6) One of Don's friends was author/storyteller Garrison Keillor and that's how the Everly Brothers came to perform on Keillor's radio program, A Prairie Home Companion. Do you often listen to the radio or to podcasts?  I listen to the radio as I am driving to and from work, but I listen to podcasts on the weekend...anyone listen to Bailey Sarian?  I watch her on YouTube, she does podcasts about true crime and also dark history in the united states while she does her make-up.  She is funny too.
 
7) The brothers chose to live in different cities and held opposite views on politics. Don said, "Everything is different about us, except when we sing." Do you have siblings? If so, are you more alike or different?  I am an only child.

8) In 1958, the year this song was a hit, Americans were doing the Cuban dance, the cha-cha-cha. Do you ever dance or sing when you're home alone?  OMG, YES!  I am rarely alone though, but when I am, oh yeah...I sing and dance and act a fool.

 
9) Random question -- Do you believe we each get one true love?  I believe
 some have the fortune to have more than one.  


10 comments:

  1. I have never gotten into podcasts, but I hear about some from others that make me want to figure the whole thing out. I usually only sing and dance when I'm alone, but these days the grandkids give me an excuse to cut loose. We have a lot of fun asking Alexa to play things. I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your enthusiastic answer to #8. I imagine you performing a one-woman Broadway show in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your background and decor! I also like your cute siggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try podcasts--but I forget to listen every week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think singing whilst alone in the house is one of the finer things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hall and Oats are a great Duo. I’ve got a few of their songs on my play lists. Singing and dancing are in the human DNA, I’m glad to hear so many of us still do this.
    Have a lovely Sunday and week..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angry in the head....I've never heard that before, but that describes my angry crying perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #4 I had the same problem trying to pick one song.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ty for the comments. Yes this journey has been daunting and not over yet, I hope you are looking forward to great holiday times!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.