Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Tuesday 4 Meme- Linens and Things

 




Linens and Things.. January White Sales

 

Each week we offer 4 questions for you to ponder, think over, blog about or ignore if you like!  We keep up the tradition begun by Toni Taddeo!

Here are this week's..... all about January  Linens.

1. White month is in January when towels, sheets and household goods go on sale.  Do you replace old sheets and towels each year?  If not when?  I replace them as needed.  I just replaced several towels and a set of sheets, so I am not planning to buy anything new.

2. How many sets of sheets and towels do you feel a household need and how often should they be changed on the bed and on the bathroom towel rack?  That is probably different for each household as far as how many are needed.  I keep two sets for each bed.  I change our sheets every Sunday on all beds.  The towels get replaced every other day or so.

3. Do you think the January sales are a bit too close to Christmas when people have spent their money? If you do, what month would be an ideal time to replace linens and things in the home?  I always like a sale no matter when it is.

4. There is something so lovely about a linen closet with beautifully folded sheets, towels and blankets. Some place lavender in the closets for a relaxing beautiful scent.   What do you do to make your linens nice? Fabric softener? Lavender? Special folds? Or is your linen closet in serious need of some tender loving care right now?  I use fabric softener and also those Downy crystals in my wash.  Everything is folded nicely and put into categories of towels, hand towel, bath towels, wash cloths, etc.


5 comments:

  1. I agree about keeping linens until they wear out and also about a sale being a sale regardless of the time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound very organized and definitely on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to keeping things until they are not usable anymore. I use my towels for a week before washing them. It has always worked for me. Working full time, I know you keep the household organized. I enjoyed your post!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound very well organized! I love it. We wash our sheets once a week, usually mid week, and they go back on the bed. Towels get washed every other day. I would love to replace towels, etc., and need to start working on doing that soon, as the towels are starting to wear out. I don't really notice when they have white sales, as I usually just have Walmart to shop at and I don't think they do sales that much. I hope you are having a wonderful week and a great start to your New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your answers. And I have limited space so I keep them rotated and orginized.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.