Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Sunday Stealing- Blabbermouth

Blabbermouth


                                        

1. January usually has ample amounts of snowfall in parts of
the world.  Did you ever make snow cream as a kid?  I
think it is the same thing, we call it snow ice-cream here
in Missouri and yes, I have made it and had it as a kid also.
It tastes like homemade ice-cream. So good!

2. January is one of the months with 31 days. What are you going
to do with that extra day?  I will be off work.  I have a dentist
appointment on Monday, but I will also relax and do some
training for work.

3. In medieval times superstition dictated that the 1st day of January
was significant for prosperity, or lack of it, in a person's life. Farmers
put a flat cake on the horns of a cow and they danced and sang 
songs around the cow until the cake was thrown to the ground. 
If it fell in front of the cow that meant good luck; it if fell behind the
cow that meant bad luck for the rest of the year. Do you have strange
New Year customs in your household?  no

4. On January 14, 1986 motorists were required for the first time
to wear seat belts? Do you always buckle up? Why or why not?  I 
turned 16 about that time, so it has always been the law since I
have been driving, so yes, I always buckle up to stay safer and to
not get a ticket.

5. Have you ever blabbermouthed something to a significant other that
in hindsight you really should have kept to yourself?  I do not tell
my husband anything I do not want repeated to his family.  

6. Have you ever written anything on your blog that you wish you
could take back?  Not really, it is my blog and I write what I want to.
I am careful though.  I do not like to post things that would be 
offensive because that is not my nature to upset people.  I am known
to start a thought about something and delete it before I post it.

7. Are you the blabber or the blabbee? Tell us your most 
embarrassing blabbermouth moment.  I try really hard not
to do this.

8. Who is the biggest blabbermouth tattletale in your household?
That is easy...my husband.  I am not that talkative and so I do not
spread gossip or talk about much.  I talk most with Josh and my 
mom.  Like I said, if you tell my husband anything...expect it to
be told to his family and they will share with everyone they know.

9. You are the Blog Paparazzi! Which blogger's real photograph
are you most interested in getting?  We have done this before.  Many
of us have pictures posted, so I will go with Gal.  I respect anyone
that wishes to remain anonymous online though.

10. If you could hire the loudest and most skilled blabbermouth in
the universe to do your talking for you and advertise it well, what 
message would you like to spread to humanity?  Respect that we all
have different opinions.  We are not all meant to think the same exact 
thing and we need to learn from one another.

11. Are you always on time or just a tad late?  I am always a tad
bit early.

12. Is there someone in your life that irritates you regularly about not 
being on time?  She is not as bad as she used to be, but I have
one sister-in law that runs late to everything.  She told me on
vacation that she does not like to feel rushed.  I plan to get ready,
so I do not feel rushed.  I feel like people that run late do not respect
other people's time.  It used to be that we would go to a family event
and we would have to wait for her to arrive to start the event, but I
got bored with her shenanigans one year and said something and they
went ahead and started the event.  I am not interested in staying a
long time because someone cannot get their act together.  Start the
event on time, she can show up when she wants and I can leave when
I want and not still be waiting for the event to begin. The rest of the
family started leaving before she arrived too, so she started showing
up more on time.  People have other things to do.  ok this probably
bothers me more than I care to think.  Oops.

13. Can you think of a time when you were late for something and it
was REALLY a big deal?  I do not run late, but I forgot about a
meeting one day.  My administrator wanted to share her notes on an 
observation she had made in my classroom.  It was a good
conversation, but I forgot and I felt horrible.  She found me and
we talked.  She was not mad at all.  I couldn't believe I forgot, 
because I was super excited to hear what she had to say.

14. If you were on your way to work and had five minutes to get there,
would you stop in the road to rescue a crossing turtle?  no, but I 
would be careful not to hit it.

15. Have you ever had to actually punch a time clock?  yep, I sure 
have.  Way back when I worked at McDonald's we had an old
time clock.  


 

7 comments:

  1. Grinning--we must share husbands, LOLOLOL. Have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "always late" person is a brother-in-law and we started doing the same thing many years ago. We go ahead and eat Sunday lunch at noon and they can eat when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a couple of friends who were always late to lunches that they planned. It was maddening. Note I said "had". I am talking 2 freakin hours late. It's inconsiderate to the max, and made me feel like I was not in the least important to them. I moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell my husband not to tell his mother things sometimes. She's a gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a blessed week ahead, Lori! These are always fun and I enjoyed your answers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to be on time. I understand how you feel about the late person. I have a friend like that. The snow ice cream sounds good. I have to be careful what I say around my husband too. Have a great week Lori. Oh and what a cute siggy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.