Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Sunday Stealing- Thinking back over the year

 

Thinking back over the year




 

Stolen from the League of Extraordinary Penpals


 

What did you do last year that you had not done before?  I became a mentor teacher to a 

new young teacher.


Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for

 next year?  What are they? What are your new ones?  I do not make resolutions.  


What was the best book you read this year?  How many did you read?  Atlas Of the Heart

 by Brene Brown.  I love how it explained all of our emotions and how we label some emotions

one thing when they are in fact a different emotion completely.  I bought it for Josh for Christmas.

 I have read 41 books so far.



Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness/injury?  My brother-in-law died.  He was 60 years

old.  He had cancer, but the cancer did not kill him.  He was showing good signs with the cancer.

 He caught some kind of bug and because his immune system was low, he was not able to 

recover.



What places have you visited?   This year?  I can't think of any place we visited other than Silver 

Dollar City.  That is where Josh works and we hadn't been for several years.  It is a theme park

and we had a good time.  I am really hoping we can go this coming week after Christmas before 

they close.



Any new pets? Lost a pet?  We lost our dog Molly over the summer.  We sure do miss her.




What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical

 thing i.e. love, job security, peace of mind...)?  I just want happiness for Josh.  I know we likes his

job, but he is wanting to try something different there at Silver Dollar City next season...he is

wanting to try rides.


What date from last year will remain etched in your memory and why?   Probably the death of

by brother-in-law Jeff.  He died on the anniversary of our dog Mandy's death...November 2nd. 

Mandy was my heart dog and I miss her so much and she has been gone 3 years now.




What was your biggest achievement last year?  Getting moved back into my classroom at school.

We switched classrooms because our school is getting an addition.  I will have to move again...

hopefully for next year.


Did you get sick or injured?  I had covid this year at my birthday in September.  Josh had covid 

on his birthday in August.


What was the best thing you bought?   Probably some clothes for work.  I needed new things and

I use them all of the time.  Good use of money.


Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, medical care,

basic clothing, transportation and shelter)?   Health and beauty products probably.  I like to try to 

look and feel my best.  It helps my confidence.


Merry Christmas!  






5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss...keeping you and his family in prayer...and I am also wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, three posts, three cases of COVID. I did too, in August, alog with my wife and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I hope you had a great day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your dog ... and your brother-in law! Merry Boxing day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for the loss of your brother-in-law...he was way too young. I had Covid this summer, too, and strep throat just before Christmas. I hope we're all done with all the sicknesses. There's so much of it this winter. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.