Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Tuesday 4 Meme- Counting Down to Christmas

 



Counting Down to Christmas


 
Hello and welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we hope that 4 questions help you to blog, meet people and think about things in general.     Sometimes the simplest questions can be a bit difficult to answer. 
I do hope you are enjoying these questions...but if you can think up better themes and questions, please let me know!   I want to keep this going and make it nice for you.

Let's talk about the countdown to Christmas or Chanukah or both!

1. What was the countdown to the holidays like for you as a child?  Special projects at school.. at home.. with friends?      Was a big deal made of the month in your family or town?  What does your countdown look like now?  I don't remember having a countdown as a kid.  We would finish school...my dad was a teacher and leave for Oklahoma shortly after that where the rest of the family lives.  The town was always decorated for Christmas and still is.  My dad and I did all of the Christmas decorating. 

2. As a kid did  your family stay home on the holidays or go visiting around ... what do you do now?  When I was a kid we always went to Oklahoma to visit family.  We stayed with my Grandparents.  Since they passed we stay home.  Karl, Josh and I go to my mom's house or she comes here, but I only live 20 minutes from her.

3. What foods did Mom and Grandma make for those  days?   What snacks were out?   What is the food situation in your home today?  Christmas Eve was snacks so my Granie could focus on cooking Christmas dinner.  We had rotel dip and chips and other snack type foods like that.  Christmas day we had Ham, turkey and all of the fixins.  There were a lot of people at that dinner.  It was always so much fun.  We still do the same now if I am cooking, but this year Josh threw a wrench in things and I think we are having meatloaf.  He does not like ham or turkey.  It should actually be easier to make than the all day cooking we usually do.

4.  Did you have a traditional way of spending the day with time to open gifts, visit,  special breakfasts, special dinner, guests?    What do you do now?  When I was a kid my Uncle, Aunt and cousins would come on Christmas Eve and we opened presents.  They would go home and come back for Christmas Dinner the next day, but Santa came Christmas morning to my Grandparents house and I opened those presents then.  We started doing that when Josh was little, but we open presents now whenever we are with my mom which is usually Christmas Day... or if something is going on and we cannot be with her, we still open on Christmas Day.  The dogs always open Santa Paws gifts on Christmas Eve.



3 comments:

  1. I still have to wrap up the doggie gifts. We have a new grand puppy but she won't join us this year. Minnie is not used to her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun traditions, old and meatloaf new!! I have enjoyed reading everyone's Christmas memories!! Merry Christmas, Lori!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Christmas traditions! LOL! We are having meatloaf this year as well. I haven't wrapped a thing and my daughter's birthday is the day after, too! I better get a move on! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.