Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Tuesday 4 Meme- Happy New Year

 



Happy New Year

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.    We offer you 4 questions weekly to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it


gets.      We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have ideas.

Yesterday was the day after Christmas and the final day of Hanukkah.    There are only a few days left in 2022... Let's talk about it.

1.  Many stay home and even go to bed early on New Year's Eve.   What are your plans and do you have reasons for what you do?  We always stay home and watch the ball drop.  We do stay up.  I am not a fan of being out on the roads when people are drinking and driving.

2. Guy Lombardo was a traditional fixture on TV and then Dick Clark and his Rockin' New Years Eve took over.    People ate certain foods, bayberry candles were burned for luck.  It seems that lately tradition and not just for New Year, is being forgotten and lost on so many fronts.    What traditions in life are important to you and remain steadfast in your life?  I think when we put up our tree (around Thanksgiving) is a tradition at our house and cleaning up on New Year's Day.  It is a way to start the new year all clean and ready to go.  I get so busy with work.  Traditions are way less of a big deal as they were for my mom and Grandparents.  Some of them did not make any sense to me and were not explained other that they will bring you good luck....I do not eat black eyed peas on New Year's Day.  I do not make resolutions.  Some things just seem silly.

3.  The New Year is often a time to reflect on what has transpired and many make resolutions in an effort to improve their life.      Do you count the cost of time and tradition in your life?  How do you handle good times and bad times and do you forge ahead or get mired down?  I make time for things that are important to me.  I am a person that tries to look for the good in a situation even if it is bad.  There is usually a lesson to learn that makes us stronger.  I always forge ahead.  If it is a really bad thing, I give myself grace and time to heal.

4.  In ancient Israel, the new liturgical year began in the Spring with Passover.. a new beginning.  The Civil year calendar began on Rosh Hashana and 2022-23 is the year 5783 on the Hebrew calendar as of September.       How important is the liturgical calendar in your life?       Do you take notice of religious holidays and times?       Are the holidays more religious or secular for you and your family?      I had to look up liturgical calendar and I don't think it has much purpose for my life.  I like the idea of it, but I am a whatever happens, use the Bible verses that you need at that time...not what is assigned.  I do follow religious holidays and they are very important to me, not so much times except at Easter and Christmas.  I barely pay attention to that.  Holidays were more secular when I was a kid.  I think they are more religious now and I have tried to raise Josh that way too, but I also enjoy some of the secular things...probably because I was raised on Santa Claus, etc.

                            



4 comments:

  1. I am old enough to remember prayer in grade school. We also sang traditional Christmas songs/hymns as well as fun ones like Jingle Bells and Up on the Housetop. I remember school serving fish sticks for the kids that were observing Lent. Easter and Christmas break are now called Spring and Winter breaks. Enjoy the rest of your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never follow many of the traditions that come with New Years either. I just feel that there are more important things to do. I like to make goals for the new year, which I occasionally meet and regularly do not meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your answers today. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The older I've gotten, the more religious the holidays have gotten. I don't go out for new year's eve either. Stay in where it is safe and warm. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.